New Mother's Day

"Nothing goes with my hair! Ugh!"

"That black dress suit you tried on before looked really nice!"

Haruki futilely attempted to placate the Uzumaki as they went through store after store, unable to find something that met the redhead's standards.

"For a funeral!" huffed Kushina, crossing her arms with a scowl. "All this shopping is making me so stressed. I can't even f- oh my!"

Without another word to Haruki, Kushina dashed off towards the store behind Haruki, leaving her companion standing utterly confused as she watched the Hokage's wife stand behind a display in the the window and wave her arms around frantically to get Haruki's attention.

"Haruki-chan!" called out Kushina, beckoning for the Hyūga to join her. "What do you think about this dress?!"

Haruki raised an eyebrow at the item in question; it was a pretty, light lavender, mid-calf length halter-neck dress. Although it was pretty, Haruki had other things on her mind.

"... I thought you said purple clashed with your hair?"

"Pfft, not for me, silly! What do you think this dress would look like on you?"

Haruki stuttered, taken aback by Kushina's words.

"Uh..."

"Come on, you have to try it on!" urged Kushina, grabbing Haruki by the shoulders and pushing her towards the nearest shop attendant. "Excuse me! Can we try this dress on, please?!"

*

"Kushina-sama, really... thank you, but I'll have to ask Shisui about paying you back for the dress..."

"Nonsense!"

Kushina beamed as she walked out of the store arm in arm with Haruki, unable to stop herself from buying an entire outfit for her shopping companion.

"You know, when Naruto was Masumi's age, Mikoto took me out on a girl's date just like this," explained Kushina fondly. "She'd already had experience from when Itachi was that age, so Sasuke was a breeze for her. On the other hand, I was completely stumped with Naruto! I really needed something like this at the time, and even though I know you're doing fine with your life as it is, I wanted to do for you what Mikoto did for me. My only wish for you is, in the future, to make another new mother's day like this. Alright?"

Haruki smiled at Kushina's explanation, finding it a rather sweet and endearing legacy that she wouldn't mind being a part of.

"I promise," reassured the Hyūga, amused by how the day's events had panned out so far.

"Now that we're fully stuck into it, we might as well do the whole shebang! Haruki-chan, we're going to get makeovers! Spa, facials, nails, hair, makeup- you name it! Today we're becoming women women!"

"Kushina-sama..."

"And no complaints! We're going to go pamper ourselves, and then treat ourselves to dinner while wearing our new and fancy outfits with our brand new looks!"

"What about your outfit?"

"... and then treat ourselves to dinner while you wear your new and fancy outfit!" rephrased Kushina, giggling as she clutched onto Haruki's arm. "I honestly can't choose anything without Minato here. I thought I could, but I guess not. Let's get going!"