Relocation

"Haruki, thank you for joining me."

"It's no problem, Hokage-sama."

Recently returned from a mission, Haruki stood before Minato's desk dressed in her battle gear, a solemn look as she awaited his announcement.

"I'm aware of the fact that although you prefer working alone as a jōnin, you've proven to be more than capable when it comes to accompanying lesser chūnin on their missions," stated the Hokage, leaning back in his seat as he eyed out the Hyūga. "How would you feel about becoming a team leader for the genin?"

"I- whatever you think is best, Hokage-sama," said Haruki, bowing her head. "I'll do whatever you need me to do."

"Would you mind becoming a team leader, though?"

"Not at all, Hokage-sama."

"Now, of course, before we move on, I assure you that any missions you are assigned to with your genin team will be D-Rank, and only C-Rank once we're absolutely sure that they're well on their way towards becoming chūnin, so that there's no stress on you having to protect three children as well as yourself. Your father has made it explicitly clear to me that now you are of age, he would highly prefer it if you were to be tasked with less dangerous missions than the A-Rank and S-Rank ones you might be familiar with, and the only way I can think of you being able to do so is by becoming a genin team leader."

Haruki sighed, but she knew it couldn't be helped. Now that she was of age, she had to focus extremely hard on her training towards being the Hyūga clan's heiress. Her father may have been done teaching her, but he wasn't above calling her out to spar whenever he felt like she was slacking off in her self-training. That, and the risk of something happening to her while she was away on a potentially life-threatening mission was far too great now.

"That's fine, Hokage-sama," said Haruki in a defeated tone, earning a sympathetic look from Minato.

"Haruki, I know how much you enjoy going out and getting your adrenaline pumping, but I don't want to be on your father's bad side," he explained softly. "He has every reason in the world to fear something bad happening to you while you're away."

"I know, I understand. I don't mind being a team leader, honestly."

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, the next lot of Academy graduates aren't due to finish their exams until March, so until then, would you mind doing C-Rank or B-Rank missions? Or even just working around the village instead? I'm afraid your options are quite limited otherwise."

"I don't mind either, Hokage-sama."

"Thank you, Haruki. That's all."