Minato and Naruto

"Haruki-san? You have a visitor."

During one of her usual lunch breaks at work in the staff room, Haruki was surprised when she was alerted by another teacher of someone who was waiting outside to see her.

"Is it Shisui?" she asked curiously, heaving herself out of her seat as she headed towards the door. It wasn't unusual for Shisui to pop down from the Hokage's office and check in on Haruki every now and then considering how far she was going into her pregnancy, but normally he would invite himself into the room without a care in the world. 

And quite often, frighten a teacher or two in the process with a loud, "HARU-CHAAAAAN!"

"Hello-? Oh, Masumi?"

Haruki opened the door to see her eldest son standing with his palms pressed over his eyes, making her let out a small gasp of surprise.

"Sumi, what's up?"

"I feel sick, okaa-san," said Masumi softly, removing his hands from his eyes and looking up at his mother with glazed eyes. "My head hurts."

"How badly, baby?"

"Really bad."

Haruki sighed and patted Masumi on the head, beckoning for him to turn around.

"Okay. Let's go upstairs and ask otou-san if he can take you home, huh?"

Shutting the door behind her, Haruki pulled Masumi closer to her side as she began walking with him down the corridor, gently placing a hand over his forehead. Considering how hot it was outside, she wasn't surprised when she felt how warm his face was.

"How many times have I told you about overdoing it in the sun, huh?" chastised Haruki tenderly, rubbing Masumi on the shoulder as they began making their ascent up the staircase. "You're not even wearing your hat."

"Shinobi don't need hats," pouted Masumi, making Haruki laugh as they reached the next floor up.

"Not even shinobi are immune to the sun's rays, Sumi. Have you been drinking your water?"

"Yes, okaa-san."

"Hmm, alright. Obaa-san should be at home, so she'll have to look after you until we finish work."

Coming to a halt before the Hokage's door, Haruki reached out and rapped her knuckles against the wood and immediately received a "Come in!" upon doing so.

"Haruki-chan! Hi!"

"Oh!" Haruki smiled as she saw that while Shisui wasn't sitting at his respective desk, it was occupied by another familiar blond as he waved enthusiastically at the Hyūga. "Hi, Naruto! How's it going?"

"I just finished the lamest mission ever," complained the Namikaze, earning an eyeroll from his father. "Are you on break?"

"Actually, yeah. I just came to speak to Shisui, do you know where he is?"

"I think he went down to buy something to eat," chimed in Minato, side-eyeing Naruto as he placed his legs on Shisui's desk. "He should be back soon, though."

"What? Did he forget his bento again?"

"No, I think he just got really hungry."

"Oh, I see. I guess we'll check in later then."

"What's up, Haruki-chan?" questioned Naruto, sitting up straight and staring right at the Hyūga. "Do you need help?"

"Actually, yeah. Masumi's feeling sick, so I wanted to see if Shisui could spare a few minutes and take him home."

"Naruto isn't being anything except a nuisance right now, so I offer you his services," mumbled Minato from his desk, picking up his pen and continuing to sign documents. "Go on, Naruto. Go do something other than trying to coerce me into giving you an S-Ranked mission."

"Aw, but otou-san-"

"No buts, Naruto. You can even ask Haruki-chan here, S-Ranked missions are reserved for our best jōnin only."

"Okay, fine," pouted Naruto in defeat, getting out of Shisui's chair. "Do ya want me to piggy back you, Masumi?"

"Yes please."

Haruki smiled as Naruto headed towards her and bent down for Masumi to get on his back.

"Naruto will get you home to obaa-san in no time, okay, Sumi?" said Haruki, caressing Masumi's hair as he rubbed his eye and lay his head on Naruto's shoulder. "Thank you, Naruto."

"No problem, Haruki-chan! See ya!"

In a flash, Naruto and Masumi were gone.

"That boy, honestly," said Minato, clucking his tongue in disapproval as Haruki cast an amused glance in his direction.

"He still giving you a hard time about giving him more exciting missions?" she chuckled, crossing her arms as she leaned against the doorframe.

"He only just got promoted to chūnin, so I don't know why he wants to go straight to the top," groaned the Hokage, shaking his head. "He's going to be the death of me, I swear."

"Classic Naruto. Have you told him about the requirements for jōnin?"

"Yes, I have. When he proves to me that he's capable of wielding such responsibilities and manages to pass the jōnin exam, then I'll consider him for the higher paying missions."

"Naturally, naturally. Well, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my break in the staff room before my last couple of classes for the day. Thanks for the chat, Hokage-sama. See you later."

"Thanks for stopping by."

Without another look at Haruki, Minato simply waved at her as she made her exit.

"Hawu-cha!"

Haruki blinked as she saw Shisui coming down from the other end of the corridor with his mouth stuffed, waving what appeared to be half of a pork bun in his hand.

"Look at you, developing an appetite!" mused Haruki as Shisui stopped in front of her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I guess we've gotta make your bento bigger now, huh?"

Shisui smiled as he gulped down his mouthful, excitedly saying, "All this waiting with the babies and making sure you're okay at work has me so nervous! But in a good way! If you eat like a pregnant woman, then so can I!"

"You idiot," smiled the Hyūga, tilting her head as he reached out and affectionately rubbed her belly.

"Why are you here? Did you need to see the Hokage?"

"Actually, I needed to talk to you, but I got Naruto to do it for me," shrugged Haruki. "Masumi was feeling sick, so Naruto offered to take him home since you weren't around."

"Oh, god, I'm so sorry!"

"It's ok- Shisui, Shisui, relax. Please."

"I just got hungry so I went down and-"

Haruki grabbed the half-eaten pork bun from Shisui's hand and shoved it into his mouth, silencing him as she patted his cheek.

"No harm done," she said reassuringly. "I'm going to head back to the staff room now. See you later?"

"Achgackuda!"

"Wha-? SHISUI!"

Haruki squealed as Shisui unexpectedly swept her up into his arms, not even faltering once. As quickly as he could manage without shaking her up too much, Shisui headed down the corridor with Haruki in tow, quickly descending the stairs and making it to the staff room all in quick time.

"Gahbadya!"

Shisui's mumbles remained incoherent as he carefully set Haruki back onto her feet, before taking an almighty gulp and saying, "I'll see you tonight?"

"Yes," sighed Haruki, succumbing to the Uchiha as he took her head in both hands and planted a kiss on her lips. "See you. I love you."

"I love me too! But I love you more!" Shisui kissed Haruki once more before he shot back off, leaving her smiling like an idiot as she headed back in to the staff room.