Absolute Genius

"It's going to take us a week to get there. A week! Does the Hokage expect us to turn up, slit the dictator's throat in two minutes, and then head back to Konoha once we're done?!"

At the realisation that the journey to the Land of the Sea would take longer than she had bargained, Haruki sighed as she travelled alongside Shisui through the forests leading away from the village.

"Two weeks, he said," she said dryly, clicking her tongue in distaste. "Two weeks, but he didn't mention that the two weeks meant travelling."

Shisui could only chuckle at Haruki's disdain. While he was sure she would bear the brunt of her father's criticism when she returned home, he was certain the Hokage would also feel Hiashi's wrath for allowing her- hell, for asking her- to leave the safety of the village walls.

"We just have more time to plan," insisted Shisui, noting that the mission at hand would take far more than two weeks to complete considering the expertise of the Kirigakure shinobi who were guarding their target. "Look on the bright side! We finally get to spend some time together!"

Although Haruki wanted to groan in exasperation, she couldn't help but smile at the light tint in Shisui's voice.

"Yeah, planning an assassination together," she added, rolling her eyes. "It sounds so romantic, Shisui."

"Well, you know, some people would think it is."

"Not normal people!"

"True, true. We should be joined by our backup at the Land of Tea when we meet with the people who hired us in the first place. But until then, it's just you and me!"

"Absolute genius, Shisui. Did your Sharingan tell you that?" asked Haruki sarcastically, earning a scowl from her boyfriend.

"No. But did your Byakugan tell you this?"

"What?"

Before Haruki had even finished uttering a single word, Shisui had disappeared and reappeared almost a second later, but this time he had swept the Hyūga off of her feet and was carrying her bridal style.

"Shisui!" scolded Haruki, face going pink as she hit a grinning Shisui in the chest. "Put me down! We're on a mission!"

"Absolute genius, Haruki. Did your Byakugan tell you that?"