Numbers Two and Three

The days leading up to the twins' birth had been short, and now, Haruki lay exhausted for the second time in her hospital room as her two newborn sons lay asleep in their cot next to her. Haruki had had her first contractions at around eight in the evening, meaning that she and Shisui had to leave Masumi at home with Namiko. She was unsure of what time it was now, but all she knew was that she had finally gotten her babies out of her womb.

"Thank god you can walk again," mumbled Haruki as she looked towards Shisui, who was sitting protectively by their twins' cot looking just as exhausted as his wife.

"Even if I couldn't, I still would've brought you by myself," smiled Shisui, eye locked on the two babies in their cot as he adjusted his forehead protector to cover his left eye socket. "Thank you again, Haru-chan. They're just as beautiful as Masumi was when he was born."

"It took both of us to make them," chuckled Haruki, letting out a loud sigh as she finally relaxed into her pillows.

"But you did all the hard work. Thank you."

"No problem." A soft silence settled between the pair as Haruki closed her eyes, leaving Shisui to continue staring incredulously at the newest additions to their little family.

"We seem to have a penchant for boys, huh?" pointed out Shisui, amused by the fact that all three of their children were male. Haruki opened one eye as she laughed at his observation.

"I blame your genes. My family are all girls," snorted Haruki, glancing over at her babies. "What time is it?"

"... four in the morning."

"Alright. I'll go for a little nap, and then I'll ask one of the nurses to come in and help me shower."

"I can help you. Besides, I'm already here."

"Are you sure? There's a lot of blood and other... fluids."

"I'm a weathered shinobi. I've had my own eye gouged out, and seen everything from buckets of blood to burnt flesh. I think I can manage."

"... fair point."

Shisui sat up straight, and looked over at Haruki.

"Not that I'm in a rush, but when do you want to fill out their birth certificates?"

"We can do it after I shower."

"Alright. You get some rest, Haru-chan. I'll look after them for the night."

"Thanks. Goodnight guys." Haruki smiled at her sons. "Goodnight, Riku. Goodnight, Sora."

With that, Haruki closed her eyes, and almost immediately fell into a deep slumber.

Author's Note: TO CLARIFY I chose the names Sora and Riku based off of their pronunciations (Sora meaning "sky" and Riku meaning "land"). I had no idea Kingdom Hearts existed when I chose the names k thanks