Activation

"Shisui, could you watch the kids? I'm going upstairs for a little nap."

Shisui gave Haruki the thumbs up as she trudged towards the staircase, exhausted from having to deal with her children all day.

"Alright," called out the Uchiha, who was sitting on the floor playing with his children. Haruki, now 23, was five months pregnant and extremely drained from the responsibilities of her household. Not only was looking after her children in itself an enormous task, but she and Shisui were currently in the process of relocating home yet again in order to accommodate their gradually growing family.

"See you guys soon," waved Haruki, before she turned on her heel and headed up the stairs.

Shisui turned his attention back to his sons, smiling as he watched Sora and Riku curiously prod the brightly coloured building blocks in front of them.

"Tou-san," piped up Masumi, walking over to Shisui with a toy boat.

"Yes, Masumi?"

"I'm hungry," pouted Masumi, rubbing his belly with one hand as he dropped his toy boat.

"Alright, I'll grab you guys a snack. Do you want some apple slices?"

Masumi merely nodded, earning a grin and a pat on the head from his father.

"Give me a second."

Shisui got to his feet, hurrying to the kitchen to fetch some cut up fruit for his kids to snack on. They'd had lunch not too long ago, and wouldn't be having dinner for another few hours, so he wanted to make sure this snack staved off their hunger until then.

"Apples, bananas, oranges..." Shisui hummed to himself as he pulled out the necessary fruits and began to cut them up, arranging them nicely on a plastic plate so that Masumi, Riku, and Sora could pick and choose what they wanted to eat.

"SU-MI!"

Shisui pulled a face as he heard one of the twins start to scream and cry from the living room, quickly hurrying back to see what all the ruckus was about.

"Hey, hey, what's going on?" exclaimed the Uchiha, balancing the plate of fruit in one hand as he analysed the scene before him. He saw Riku wailing his head off as he sat by Masumi's feet, who was clutching onto a brightly coloured block that had been in front of the twins.

"What happened?" asked Shisui, kneeling down and putting the plate down so that he could appease his howling son. Meanwhile, Sora sat in his own little space, quietly ignoring his two older brothers as he minded his own business.

Riku couldn't answer Shisui- instead, he held out his arms towards Masumi, who let out a small "hmph!" and dramatically turned away.

"Masumi, share with your brother," said Shisui slowly, holding out his hand for the coloured block Masumi held in his hands. At this point, Riku had reached over for the wooden boat Masumi had dropped earlier- only to have it snatched out of his hands by said older brother.

"Masumi!" Shisui reached out and lightly smacked Masumi's hand. "Naughty! No snatching from your brothers! Here, give me the boat! Give it to me!"

Shisui held out his hand for the toy as Masumi dropped the building block from one hand, and tightly clutched onto the boat with the other.

"Masumi," repeated Shisui warningly, shooting Masumi a stern look. "Give it to me."

By now, Riku had stopped bawling and crawled over to the plate of fruit, looking more than happy enough to help himself and give some to Sora as well. The pair kept to their own devices as Shisui continued with his attempt to discipline his oldest son.