BONUS: Riku's Unfortunate Dilemma

Author's Note: damn at this point i might as well make a chapter about each of the kids 😩

*

Shigeru Takitani was one of Konoha's finest jōnin.

Coming second only to the likes of the Hokage and his abundance of sons, Shigeru stood at a hefty 190cm tall and had messy, wavy powder blue hair, gleaming copper skin, and kind green eyes that were always full of joy. He was known around the village for his gentle, calm demeanour, and was the very definition of a sweetheart.

"Hello, Junpei! How have you been?"

Shigeru greeted the guard in charge of overseeing the shinobi logging their arrivals and departures at the gate, leaning down to write his details. As he did so, he couldn't help but notice an intrusive, burning aura emanating from an unknown source behind him, and straightened up as Junpei finished telling him how he had been recently.

"Junpei. Is there anyone staring at me right now?"

"Uh..." Junpei adjusted his glasses and duly scouted for any sign of an onlooker. "Oh, yeah. It's one of the Hokage's kids. Riku?"

"... right. Well, see you around!"

"Bye!"

Returning Junpei's pen, Shigeru waved goodbye to him before turning around and going along his way. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Riku slowly edging out of his hiding place, wondering what on earth the Uchiha wanted with him. To test whether or not Riku was genuinely following him, Shigeru took a sharp turn and disappeared down an alleyway lined with trashcans, and was mildly surprised to see that the Uchiha was indeed tailing him.

"Hey! You there! Takitani!"

Riku waved down Shigeru as he jogged to catch up with him, puffing out his cheeks as he walked around the Takitani and stood in front of him.

"Riku," nodded Shigeru, noting how flustered the twin was. "How can I help?"

Clearing his throat, Riku straightened up to his full height and declared, "I need to ask you something," all the while trying to establish his dominance, but not doing a very good job of it.

"Will it be quick? I'd much rather not have to have a conversation around all this rubbish," pointed out Shigeru, pinching his nose to block out the stench coming from their surroundings. "Let's go up."

"Oh, yeah. I was gonna say that too," said Riku gruffly, making Shigeru chuckle. The pair leapt up from the alleyway and onto the rooftops of the buildings around them, where Riku led his unsuspecting comrade to the flat roof of a bustling little sweets shop.

"So. What's on your mind, Riku?"

Shigeru smiled at the twin as they sat side by side, with Riku letting out a huff as he pulled up his legs and leaned forward.

"I, uh, wanted to ask you something," mumbled Riku timidly, hanging his head. "About... Sora."

"Go for it. Though, I'm fairly certain you know your own brother far more than I do."

"Yeah, sure. It's just... since Sora and I are twins... would you ever consider... dating me?"

Shigeru choked on a suppressed laugh.

"Sorry- what?!"

"I don't mean that in a weird way!" whined Riku, realising how odd his question sounded. "It's just- everyone we meet automatically prefers Sora over me! It was bad enough that he took away all the girls from me, but now even dudes prefer him over me?! What's so bad about me?! Is it my hair? Does my haircut give off douchebag vibes? Am I too loud? Too forward? Too pushy?!"