Homecoming

"Once again... thank you two so much for going out on that mission."

Three weeks after they'd departed Konoha, Shisui and Haruki had successfully carried out the assassination with Obito and Rin's aid, and now stood before the Hokage fresh out of their mission. He had dismissed the other two earlier on, and now spoke to the Uchiha and Hyūga separately.

"Like we said, Hokage-sama. It's our duty," said Haruki, who was already imagining her father's reaction in her mind.

"Well, duty or not, you two must be tired. Would you be up for dinner tonight at our house, or would you prefer to reschedule to another night?"

"Tonight is fine, Hokage-sama."

"Very well. I'll see you two at six!"

"See you tonight, Hokage-sama."

Haruki and Shisui bowed before exiting the office, both of them winded by the long journey back to the village. Following Kazuhiko's deposition and the disposal of his Kirigakure guard, the pair had spent the entire journey back to the village having to deal with Rin and Obito. Neither of them knew what was going on between the two, but it was evident that they were not on the best of terms as of recently.

"So much for your ploy to try and get them to share a room," joked Haruki, elbowing Shisui as they walked down the corridor. "What happened with them, anyway?"

"I don't know. At least we don't have to deal with them anymore."

The pair's casual banter continued as they headed down the stairs and out of the building, with Haruki stepping out on the street with a loud yawn and her arms outstretched.

"I could really do with a good nap right now," she sniffled, rubbing her nose as she walked.

"Want to come to mine?"

"Can't. Have to go home and deal with my dad first."

Shisui smiled and ruffled the top of Haruki's head, making her grimace as her already flyaway hair was messed up even further.

"Well then, you better get going," he said brightly. "I'll see you tonight, then?"

"Yup." Shisui pulled Haruki to a halt and placed his hands on her shoulders, before leaning down and kissing her on the forehead.

"I'll leave you to it. See you later, Haru-chan."

Haruki smiled and kissed Shisui on the lips, before turning away and waving at him over her shoulder.