5| Surprise

(Thursday, June 27)

I was woken up by soft knocks on the door. I wasn't used to be waken up so softly so I figured out that I wasn't home because Felix would just walk in and jump on me. But quickly I set the link that I was in Chan's home.

"Luna", I heard a voice from behind the door say.

"Yeah", I said as I stretched my back after sitting upright.

"You awake?" he asked in a soft tone.

"Yeah."

"Breakfast's ready", he said, behind the closed door.

"Ow alright. I'll freshen up and I'll come downstairs in a sec", I said back to him as I left the bed.

"Okey", and I heard his footsteps soften as he walked further away from the door.

I quickly walked to the bathroom and did whatever I had to, to not look like a mess. I quickly changed into my own clothing and walked downstairs to be greeted with with the sweet scent of pancakes, my favourite.

"Good morning!" Chan said, breathing heavily while he was running after Lucas who was holding Chan's phone.

"Good morning to you too", I said with a smile, because Chan couldn't get his hands on his own phone. "Where's Hannah?"

"Already in the kitchen, she's waiting for us- LUCAS GIVE ME MY PHONE!" he screamed as Lucas just kept on running to the kitchen now finally able to take his phone, making me laugh.

I walked behind them to the kitchen and saw the table was already set. Everybody took their place and the only empty seat was in front of Chan, so that's where I sat.

"Good morning", Hannah, who was seated next to Chan, said with a big smile on her face.

"Good morning", I said back to her, returning the smile.

She just smiled and took a pancake on her plate and started eating on which Chan also took one followed by Lucas. So I ended up taking one too.

After eating and cleaning up Chan and me were seated in the living room, whilst Lucas was playing with his ukulele in a corner. Hannah went straight upstairs probably watching a movie.

"What did you say to Hannah yesterday? She seemed really happy today", Chan said while quirking up an eyebrow.

"I told her that we'll do a girls night, just the two of us. She's a little sad because your parents are never home. She says she loves both you and Lucas but she can't tell you everything because you're a guy. She wants to open up about it to her mom, but she never has time apparently and to make her feel better I told her we could do a girls night at my place this Saturday. She looked really happy about my suggestion and her smile was too precious", I said.

"Thank you", he said while looking down.

"For what?" I asked.

"For caring about Hannah. I know it's the hardest for her since mom was the only girl she could communicate with but she is never home. She doesn't really tell me about her feelings and as far as I know she doesn't really have a lot of friends that she's close with. She keeps everything inside and sometimes I have to dig a grave to find out how she feels. I'm just happy that she can rely on you. That's what I'm thankful about", he said giving me a small smile while Lucas's ukulele sounds were being heard on the background.

"Oh, well I'm happy that I'm able to help. I'll do this with her whenever I can. I have a request though", I said to him.

"And that is?" he asked.