11| Felix

(Wednesday, July 17)

That night of the fair he brought me home. It was still a bit awkward, trying to recover from what had happened.

So he did like me that way. But why did it feel as a joke, as if I just reached for the stars and was able to catch one. I reached for him, and there he was. It didn't make sense to me, it didn't feel real. But it was and not to mention that we... kissed?

When I arrived home I wanted to tell Felix everything about it but he went to bed early and when I walked to his room he was already sleeping. Suddenly I felt terrible for leaving him home alone. As a big sister it felt like I failed. Leaving him alone, knowing that something wasn't right.

I went to my room and wore my pyjama and walked straight back to Felix' room. I didn't want to leave him alone now. Tomorrow I had to figure out what bothered him.

I sat myself down on the single couch next to his bed and stayed there just to make sure nothing would happen. I wasn't able to fall asleep until very late, like probably four a.m. not only because of the worry I had for Felix but also because of the adrenaline I had in my body because of Chris.

Later I woke up with a blanket over me and a pillow under my head. Felix wasn't in his bed but neither was he home. Out of panic I searched my phone and immediately called him.

"Felix! Where are you?"

"I'm at the company, mom  asked me if I could help her out with some documents."

"Thank god", I breathed out. "Felix?"

"Yes."

"Are you alright? Do you want me to come? I'll come if you want me to, because mom won't really bother much and neither would dad."

"You don't have to, really. I'm totally fine."

"It doesn't sound like it. You know what stay there text me what office you're in and I'll come to help."

"Luna, I'm fine. I can handle the work mom gives me."

"It's not only about that Felix, just text me the office you're in. I'm coming."

I didn't let him finish and closed the phone and not even a minute later I received a text from him telling me in which office he was.

I quickly got dressed and took everything I would need for in the office and directly walked to the bus stop just in time to catch the bus.

On my way to the office I got a text from Chris and I wasn't able to stop the laugh from coming but as soon as the thought of Felix came to my mind my face dropped again.

Chris: Are you free right now?

Me: I'm sorry, family business. I'm heading to the company.

Chris: No problem! As we talked, family business first.

Me: Thanks for understanding, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Chris: Whenever you're free.

I took a last glance at my phone before entering the big building in front of me. I went up to the third floor and walked to mom's office where Felix should be.

I opened the door and saw Felix concentrating on the papers in front of him. "Hey", I quietly said.

He looked up with his eyebrows wrinkled but looked back normal when he saw it was me. "Hi."

"Where is mom?"

"In dad's office, she left me here to deal with these", he said looking more frustrated than yesterday.