13| Propose

(Thursday, July 25)

"I think it's time", I said to Felix after I received a message from my mom.

A week, a whole week we spend our time at Chris' place because my dad didn't want to see us. A week of constantly me texting my mom asking on how my dad was. Of course I was worried and felt guilty. After all it did feel like it was my fault. I dragged Felix into this, maybe he should've just listened to dad. And now I also dragged Chris and his family into this. Of course I felt guilty, of course I was blaming myself. I wasn't like my usual self, I felt horrible.

"Mom texted", I said not looking up from my phone. "She said that dad calmed down and now is the best timing to talk to him."

"How many times do you want me to tell you that I am not apologising to that man?" Felix said with an angry expression, turning soft after seeing my taken aback face. He rubbed his hands over his face out of frustration. "I'm sorry."

"One day you'll have to, Felix. He didn't do anything wrong to you. Don't put yourself under pressure and hate because of something I did", I said to Felix who was standing in front of my closed door.

"Luna. Whatever happens to you, I should be there to help you. And I am doing so. I'm not gonna let you struggle alone, nor am I ever gonna let you. Even if I don't go. I actually don't want you to go either", he said his face looking more serious than ever.

Before I could say anything back a knock on the door interrupted us. "Can I come in?"

"Yes", I said after hearing Chris' voice.

He entered the room and gave me a smile and placed his hand on Felix' shoulder. "Are both of you okey?"

"Yeah", I said with a small smile.

"You're telling him", Felix said to me. "You want it, so you tell him. I'll leave you two."

Felix left the room, leaving Chris with a questionable expression. "Tell me what?"

I shuffled a bit in my spot, making place for him to sit in front of me. He sat down in front of me, one leg on the bed and one dangling off of it.

"We're returning home", I said. "Or at least I want to return, Felix doesn't. My mom texted telling me that we should talk to him."

"Are you sure about this?" he said, searching my face.

"I am. I feel horrible. I need to talk to my dad even if it's not going to end positively. Then I will at least have that off of my chest, know that I tried", I said giving him an apologetic look.

"If you are sure about this, then I won't stop you", he said coming closer and placing his hands on mine.

"Thank you", I said in a whisper.

He looked at me with a soft expression, giving me a smile and exposing his oh so familiar dimples. He removed his hands from mine and placed one around my neck and one around my waist, pulling me closer. He brought our faces together, making our lips touch softly. It wasn't harsh at all, no, it was a soft kiss as our lips synced with each other. I placed my hands both around his neck, sliding them in his hair tugging lightly on the ends.

"I forgot my phone- STOP", Felix said as he abruptly opened the door, making me jump and fall of the bed.

"Auw!" I whined, feeling the pain in my back. "Felix", I groaned.

I heard Chris chuckle as he helped me back up. Even though he was laughing, I could see the redness in his ears out of embarrassment. Neither of us would have expected Felix to come in so abruptly.