21| It's A Plan

(Sunday, August 18)

The wedding was coming closer and I had no intention on going. Or at least I didn't want to go but my mom would probably force me to go. I was feeling like shit and the sleeping pills just made me feel sick so I didn't like to take them.

After laying in bed awake for another whole night a message made me leave my warm bed.

Darren: Meet me at the park today at 12 p.m.

Why did he keep bothering me? Why did he have to keep following me? Why couldn't he just leave me alone for one damn second?

Of course I couldn't ditch. Who knew what he would do if I did. So when 12 p.m. came closer I walked my way to the park he sent me the location to. I saw him sitting on a bench that was in back of the park, right in front of the forest, hidden from the most people.

I walked up to him and seated myself in front of him. "What is that you want this time?"

"An update. Duh", he said.

"You got what you wanted. We're over", I said. "Are you happy now?"

"Yes", he said not even the slightest bit embarrassed or ashamed.

"Can I leave now", I asked.

"Not yet", he said. He just stared at me and didn't say anything at first. "I still want money."

"For Christ's sake", I said, running my hand through my hair. "Haven't you done enough damage to our company. Or to your own. Why is it that you're so obsessed with money?"

"Money is equal to success. I want success", he said.

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked, not looking at him.

"Oh baby, success starts with a rich girlfriend", he said touching my chin lightly.

I slapped his hand away from my chin, glaring at him. "How much money?"

"I'll have to think about that. I'll give you extra information on or next meet up", he said, already standing up. "See you next time."

I didn't say anything on that and just watched him leave. How was I going to survive like this. Let's just hope he leaves me alone after he gets what he wants. I wouldn't be able to spend the rest of my life with him. I'd rather pull every strand of hair out of my scalp than stay with him for even a day.

On my way back home I saw Chris in his car. He didn't see me I assumed which kinda broke my heart. But even if he did, he'd probably not even look twice at me. I pushed him away, what else could I expect.

I walked to my house and saw Chris' car. Why did he come? Let's hope he came for Felix. I'll just run to my room without going to the living room or Felix' room. He'd probably be there.

I quickly unlocked the door and went inside, taking out my shoes. I walked up the stairs and the thing I noticed were the pictures on the wall. Mom changed them. All pictures of dad were gone, replaced with pictures of me, Felix and a picture with the three of us. The last picture was a picture of me and Tiffany. Both of us were 16 then, at the beach with our family.

The fight with Tiffany was a bit too much for me. Everything happened so sudden and at the same time. As if life wanted to tell me that I was doing something so wrong, but I couldn't exactly tell what. It felt that what I was doing was right, why doesn't it feel like that anymore?

I walked past the picture to my room. I opened the door and closed it again, hoping that no one heard me come in. I turned around only to see Chris standing there, next to my bed.