9| What's Up With Everyone?

(Saturday, July 6)
(Saturday, July 13)

"I don't get it. You told me you dance horrible, that didn't look so horrible to me", Chan said in a jokingly shocked way.

"I might have exaggerated with that part, I was being a bit overdramatic just so you would have empathy and not back off on my offer of helping me", I admitted while I was moping the floor after we stayed yet another hour after class. It wasn't as if we stayed to practise, we just played around and dance to some random stuff together.

"You little-" he said with a grin and started walking my way.

I held the mop up for protection and walked a little to the back. "No no, stop", I said as I laughed through my talking. "No time for playing, the place is closing and we still have to vacuum."

"You're lucky today", he said and took the vacuum to clean up the rest.

After I was done with my tasks I let myself flop down against a wall and waited for Chan to finish. It wasn't everyday I saw a guy clean up and the sight was quite funny. I took out my phone and took a picture of him and the clicking sound of it made him look up with a lost look on his face, and I clicked again. "I call this 'payback'", I said referring to the one time in the cafe when he took a picture of me.

"Just you wait", he said and he pulled out the cable of the vacuum cleaner. He started walking towards me and I stood up and tried to run away but obviously I couldn't duck away because he was blocking my way to the door and he pulled me by my wrist and tried to take my phone away from me. "You're gonna delete that picture."

I struggled a lot to keep my phone but eventually won as I held my phone in one hand away from him and my other hand in front of him. "Okey, I'll delete the pictures", I said.

He looked at me with narrow eyes and lightly stepped back. "I need proof."

"You thought!" I said and ran for the door, but he was quick enough to take me by the waist and pull me back. He turned me around and threw me over his shoulder.

"Chan!" I squealed.

"Chris," he said as he held me firmly," are you ever going to call me that from the first time?"

"I have been calling you Chan for all the twenty years I have lived, it's not gonna be that simple to loose that habit", I said. "Now let me go."

"Nope", he said, popping the 'p'. "Not until you delete those pictures."

"Oh so we're playing like that?" I said. "Fine. Delete mine too", I said jokingly and he just gasped loudly. "Have a taste of your own medicine."

"I can't", he said.

"And why is that?" I commented.

"Because-" he said and mumbled something afterwards, but I didn't hear that.

"What was that?" I asked. "I didn't hear you."

"Nothing", he said. "Take your bag, we're leaving", he said as he abruptly put me back on the ground.

"But- cleaning", I said as I pointed at the vacuum cleaner.

He looked at the vacuum cleaner, took it and placed in the storage room. He took his and mine bag and walked to the door not even looking at me.

"Wait are you mad?" I asked confused.

"No. Why would I be?" he said.

"Because I didn't delete your picture? I don't know", I said more in a question.

He just turned back around and smiled at me. "Coffee?"

Ignoring his weird behaviour I just gave him a nod and both of us walked to the car, going to our regular after class cafe visit. "BookCafe?" I asked.