8| Scared

(Saturday, June 29)

The pizza arrived and we decided to watch a movie because we still had some time left. And of course because I didn't want him to leave just yet. Chan wanted to watch a scary movie but I definitely did not want to.

"Oh come on it will be fun", he said as he sat down.

"Fun? What could possibly be fun about a person that hung herself, cursed everyone that would enter that property and is haunting the damn house?" I asked while I plopped down beside him with a blanket wrapped around me.

"Please", he pouted. "I'll protect you", he said with a grin.

"Fine", I gave in. How could I possibly say no to him while he was giving me that face.

"Share some blanket", he said as he unwrapped the large blanket and scooted a little closer to me. I pulled my legs up, realising that my skirt was not the most comfortable thing to sit in. I decided to just stay dressed like that, not wanting to stand up again.

The movie was scary, but Chan didn't seem bothered by the scariness. I tried not to show it all too much but it didn't really work. I put my hands over my eyes to block myself from watching and when jump scares occurred, I jumped, literally.

Halfway through I couldn't stand sitting uncomfortable in my skirt and I just had to take a break from the movie to get dressed and also because the movie was a bit too much for me.

"I'm sorry", I said as I paused the movie," this skirt is really not helping me, it's really uncomfortable. I'm gonna change real quick."

I walked upstairs to my room and replaced my skirt in a pair of comfortable, grey joggings. I walked to the stairs only to feel a heavy weight on me. It was dark because the lightning was bad in my house, not that it was actually dark outside or pitch black inside, it was just a little dark but dark enough to scare me. The only thought going through me were the scenes of the scary movie. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as I slowly walked down the steps. Even though it was just a movie, I got scared easily. I walked faster and faster down the stairs and the second I entered the living room something appeared in front of me making me scream really loudly and put my hands in front of me.

I saw Chan in front of me trying to keep himself from laughing but instead of laughing with him I actually did get really scared. A knot build up in my throat and I tried to blink away the tears forming in my eyes. When he saw I wasn't laughing his laugh faded and he just stared at me a little confused. My heart was still beating really fast and I could feel a tear was a bout to fall so I turned myself around, not wanting him to see how pathetic I looked right now.

"Luna, I-" he managed to say.

I just tried to blink away the tears. He walked in front of me and held my shoulders. "Hey, I'm sorry. Really", he said.

I didn't look up just yet and I allowed myself to just calm down while he stood there awkwardly. He calmly wrapped his arms around me. "Luna, I'm sorry. I didn't actually think you would be so scared."

I looked up sniffing a little after he loosened his grip. "It's alright, I'm just fast scared", I wiped my face after a tear managed to roll down.

I could see the guilt in his face and it just gave me a faint feeling of happiness. He cares enough for me to feel this bad. I gave him a small smile of reassurance and then he just returned it.

"What are you two doing?"

I yet again let out a small scream and let myself fall against Chan as he just laughed and held me.

"FELIX!" I screamed as I loosened myself from Chan, probably looking like a blushing mess. "What is up with everyone wanting to scare me today?" I managed to mutter.