14| More To The Story

(Friday, July 26)

I didn't tell Chris yet about how the talk went with my dad but I was planning on telling him today. I wanted to visit him at work today, a little surprise wouldn't be all too bad.

Me: Can I stop by today?

Chris: Sure, I'm on floor three. The usual office.

Me: I'll be there around lunch.

I looked at my phone and walked out of the house. There was still much time till lunch, so I decided I would go to Tiffany because I hadn't seen her in quite some time. I knocked on her door and was greeted with a smiley Tiffany.

"You have a lot to tell me", she said loudly while we walked to her room.

"I do", I said with a smile.

"I can't believe it actually happened. You kissed Christopher Bang", she said looking at me with unbelief in her eyes.

"Still can't get over it. It was-" I said searching for words to describe it.

"Come on tell me", Tiff said.

"Amazing."

"Aw, I'm so happy for you. Jesus it took you both so long", she said.

"Well, maybe. And uhm, I heard something", I said raising an eyebrow. "You knew he liked me, but didn't tell me anything."

"I wasn't allowed to!" She said putting her hands up in defence. "How was it- how did it even happen?", she said with a smirk.

"Funny story actually, because I was talking about 'yeah that's what friends are for right?' and he called me clueless. I was quite taken aback because I didn't know what he was talking about. He said to me 'I'll show you rather than tell you'. And then... he kissed me", I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"You are too cute when you're in love", Tiffany said as she squeezed my cheeks.

"Well, maybe not love. Yet", I corrected her.

"I feel like a proud mom, I love you", she said all of a sudden.

"What's up with being all nice and stuff, had too much 'love Luna sandwiches' today?" I said jokingly.

"Nah, I'm just happy for you that you finally opened up about it. What about your dad?" She asked me.

"Well, I'm getting there. Mom and I are trying to convince him to do that project with them, the one I told you about. He looked like he was going to say yes. You know my dad, everything that brings in money is a big yes", I said with an eye roll. "Still looks like it'll be hard for him to accept me to date Chris, but soon I hope everything will work out. I have hope."

After talking for a while I had to leave because it was almost lunch and I still had to walk a while till there. I said my goodbye to Tiffany and walked down the familiar streets, the same ones when I was younger.

Walking down the streets made me realise how many memories I actually had with Chris (and Felix), ever since we were young. How we would play tag on the sidewalk while our parents would get mad that we almost threw each other on the streets or how we would play hide and seek in their company building while our parents where in a meeting.

Thinking about those memories made a smile creep on my face. How the times had flown so fast. A buzz on my phone made me snap back to reality and I hadn't realised I was already in front of the building.

I walked inside and opened my phone seeing a message from Chris.

Chris: I'm in my office come meet me there.