17| I Knew

"So you knew all along?" I said looking down at my untouched iced coffee.

"Kind of yeah", Felix said stirring his drink. "But I didn't want to ruin everything for you. You looked the happiest you've ever been and I didn't want to take that away from you. That's why I didn't tell you."

"I understand your concern, but I'd rather you told me beforehand so we could work this out together. Since when do you know?" I asked.

"When you went to the fair with Chris. It was the moment for the two of you, I couldn't just ruin that", he said with a sigh. "That's why I was being overly protective to you and also why I was sick all of a sudden."

"If you had just told me when I arrived home that night", I said and placed my hand on my forehead.

"Sorry", he muttered.

"Felix", I said.

"Yes?"

"We have a sister ", I said looking at him with disbelief.

"We do, her name is Emma. She's four", he said.

"Emma", I breathed out.

"I can't believe dad", I said frustrated. "He lied, he- cheated on mom. How did he get that over his chest. And the fact that he's been doing that for who knows five years doesn't make it better."

I had the urge to cry, but nothing. Just blankness. Out of frustration I just moved my hands in my hair.

"What do we do now?" Felix said.

"Firstly, we stop the project", I said determined.

"Huh?" Chris said. "But the deal."

"I don't care about the deal. If he had the audacity to lie in all of our faces and cheat on my mom, I get to date whoever I want", I said. "We stop the project, now."

"Secondly, talk this out with mom. She has all rights to know. As for you Felix, you stay at Chris' place for we'll see how long. And lastly me, I'll fix everything", I said. "If we need to we'll even move out with mom, but I am not staying in that house with a filthy cheater. Even better, he can leave."

"Luna are you sure you're alright? This must've been hard on you", Chris said placing his hand on mine.

"Life is full of disappointments and negative things. How hard it may be I have to stand back up and fight", I breathed out. "Once we talk about it to mom, I'll tell dad", I said bitterly.

"Sure then", Felix said. "I'm really not in the mood to stay here, can we go home?"

"Sure", Chris said.

We all stood up and walked out of the small cafe we found after the incident. He took my hand in his and intertwined them while Felix walked in front of us probably feeling more frustrated and mad than me. "I feel so bad for him. He had to go through this alone."

"He acts like he is tough and not so hurt, but I can tell he's suffering", Chris said.

"Yeah, Felix is kinda like that. He doesn't like to show his weaknesses to anybody. But sometimes it gets too much and then he burst out. Like how he got sick all of a sudden that night we went to the fair", I said looking at the ground. "How couldn't I have noticed. He was out on so many so called business trips that were so unnecessary. How did mom not notice."

"Sometimes a person doesn't want to believe what they think. I'm sure your mom thought about it but she didn't want to believe it", Chris said.

"I'm so scared Chris. What will happen afterwards. What if my dad just throws us out of the house, no money, no nothing", I said. "I know my dad, he could do something like that. See how he just threw Felix out of his life as if- as if he was a piece of garbage. I hate my dad so much oh my god."