19| Your Way

(Friday, August 16)

Two weeks since my dad left. Two weeks since Darren threatened me and I am beyond my exhaustion limit. Every night of no sleep, overthinking. I couldn't help the stress building up. I went to the doctor for sleeping pills because closing an eye was by far impossible for me. Nobody knew. Not mom, not Felix and not even Chris.

I did try to take Darren's words serious, so I stayed away from Chris. Or at least I tried. I just didn't want him hurt so I had to do it within time. So that perhaps he would lose interest and we could part ways peacefully. Not that I was okey doing that. My life was falling into pieces and I wanted this to be over as fast as possible.

The dance classes started again but I was able to back off from them for two days now. Monday me and my mom went to do some paperwork about the divorce my mom was going through with dad so I was able to back off from that class. Today I just called sick. Because mentally I was. Mentally and physically I was exhausted. The bags under my eyes were visible but whenever someone asked me about it, I told them it was just a bad night for me.

I sat on the couch watching some random tv program while I had my head on Felix' lap. I lightly chuckled at what was being said on tv. I heard Felix mutter something  but I didn't hear what exactly. "What did you say?"

"I said. Thank god, she's alive", Felix said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You have been dead for the past few days, maybe weeks. You don't laugh, don't interact with others and you rarely go out. Not even with Chris", he said. "And now you laughed."

"Wow, thanks Felix", I said trying to sound sarcastic. "what a compliment."

"Don't try to change the real subject. Something is bothering you but you're not talking about it", he said.

"I didn't sleep well last night that's why and you know- dad", I lied partially.

"Sure. Is that also the reason for the past few weeks?" he said.

I stood up and looked at him. "I'm not in the mood for this conversation. I'm going to bed", I said and stood up.

"If you're not in the mood now then when are you? Why do you keep running away from your problems? I am here, standing live in front of you. Talk to me!" Felix said, raising his voice.

"Don't yell at me", I said placing a hand on my head out of dizziness.

"Talk to me", Felix repeated again.

"I-I can't", I said as I walked to the door. I checked the time. It was almost 11 p.m. "I'm going to Tiffany."

"Luna" Felix said. I walked to the corridor and put on my shoes. "LUNA!"

I placed my hand on the doorknob but it was yanked away from there by Felix. "Mom is sleeping keep quiet", I said not looking up.

"Look at me." I raised my head. "Talk to me."

"I'm sorry Felix", I said and slowly slipped my hand out of his grip and unlocked the door. "Don't wait up for me."

Felix didn't follow me. The walk was lonely and kinda cold. But I had to leave my house for a bit. I was in front of Tiffany's house, knocking on her door.

She opened the door and her expression changed from confused to worried. "Hey, are you okey? Have you been crying?"

"I'm fine, I just needed to escape from home", I said as I walked in. We went to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" She said with sad eyes.

I just shook my head. Please let her be the one that understands. "I- I don't know what is wrong."