12| Dinner And Chaos

(Friday, July 19)

After the last class was over Allie and John thanked everyone for their participation and left, following everyone except me, Chris, Felix- who had recovered- and Aria.

"I'm gonna bring Aria home", Felix said.

"Nothing new, you always do so", I joked.

He left with Aria, leaving me and Chris alone here.

"Oh wait", I said, realising something.

"What? What happened?" Chris said.

"We didn't buy a matching tie for the wedding", I said.

"No, we were too busy thinking about the dance that we didn't find the time to go", he shrugged.

"The wedding is coming closer and we won't have time to get one later on. We need to get you a tie to match with my dress", I said.

"We can go Saturday", he said

"Alright", I said as I took my duffel bag and Chris took his as we left.

"But I have never seen your dress", Chris said.

"Well, I'm keeping it a secret till the wedding", I said with a smug smile.

"But how are we going to find a matching tie then?" he said.

"I'll take some of the pink fabric with me", I said, knowing what his reaction would be like.

"Pink? The tie is going to be pink?" he said looking at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah", I said teasingly. "The dress is white with some pink designs, you'll see it on the wedding day."

I know he didn't actually mind wearing a pink tie, he was just trying to tease me to see what I would do. Saturday came by and me and Chris were in a boutique choosing which colour would be perfect for my dress. We held a few ties with a pink colour against my dress but almost none were the perfect colour.

"I'm done, let's buy that one", Chris said pointing to the one that matched the closest.

"But no, I want it perfect", I pouted.

"We'll search in another place then, they don't have the colour here", he said and we thanked the worker and left the boutique to go to another one.

"Let's go here", I said pointing to a small tie boutique.

we walked in and we were greeted with so many ties that I was almost a 100% sure we would find one here. We asked the worker to bring all the light pink ties. She brought about eight shades and asked us to give the fabric and eventually we did find the exact colour.

we walked out of the shop , happy that we finally had the right colour. As we walked side by side he laced his fingers through mine, making me feel his soft, heated hands. He tightened his grip which made me turn to look at him. He had a small smile plastered on his face, making me smile softly myself.

"Oh yeah, so uhm. My mom invited your family over to eat dinner. You can come, right?", he said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, but you mean- my family and yours, together?" I said feeling a bit uneasy at the fact that right after our confirmation, our families were meeting. "Don't you think it's a bit too early?" I said.

"Honestly I thought so too, but if you look at it in this way it isn't planned for us to expose ourselves. And nobody except for Felix and Hannah know. And If your mom doesn't say anything to the Dad's and my mom, we could hide it from them", he said. "But..."