23| Emma

(Friday, August 23)

"I'm not showing you my dress Chris", I said for the fifth time to him while he laid sprawled on my bed.

"Please", he pouted.

"No", I said while turning back to my closet and picking out an outfit to wear. I turned around and started pushing him off the bed. "Stand up."

"No", he whined. I wasn't able to push him off of the bed and he just pulled me onto him. "I'd rather just lay here with you."

"I would rather do that too but Emma is coming and I need to get a shower and get out of these nasty clothes. And you should probably too", I said.

"Rude", he said finally freeing me from his grip.

"Thank you."

"Does that mean I have to leave?"

"I mean, you can stay if you want but I can't give you my full attention", I said. "By the way aren't Lucas and Hannah alone at home, shouldn't you be with them?"

He sighed. "Yes. Guess I'll go home then", he said hesitant. He slowly stood up and walked to the door, looking back at me every now and then. He held the doorknob but turned again to look at me with puppy eyes. "A kiss?" he pouted.

"You're a big baby you know that right?" I said as I stood up walking in his direction.

"For you always", he said reaching out for me and pecking my lips.

"Now go", I said as I patted his back,"the children are waiting."

After he left I took a quick shower and dressed in some comfortable clothing. I walked to Felix' room to see if he was ready but he wasn't there. I heard some noises coming from the guest room so I assumed he was there.

I walked inside of the guest room only to be seeing Felix setting up my old doll house and placing teddy bears next to the bed. "Felix?"

He quickly turned around and gave me a little "huh?"

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

He turned back around, placing the barbie on the miniature bed. "I'm setting up all the toys for Emma." He stood up and looked at it before walking to me. "Those are your old toys, you don't mind it right?"

"Felix, why would I?" I asked. "I'm happy you're excited about this."

"You have no clue. You know how I always wanted a younger sibling. Come to think of it, you never wanted one", he said.

"Because I thought you're annoying ass was enough. But now that I'm older, I don't mind it much. I'm happy about it", I said.

"I lowkey hope Emma likes video games", Felix said wrinkling his face, earning a laugh from me.

"I think she will, she's a wild one. When she was here the first time and I gave her my barbies she made them skate and play video games by putting the computer in front of them. So we'll see today how she is", I said and a little later the bell rung."I'll go."

I walked downstairs and opened the door. Emma stood there with her mom. "Hello", I said, being the nice person that I am.

"Hello", Emma's mom said. "I- uhh, I'll give you her backpack. There are just some of her favourite toys in and her favourite snacks. I made a list on the things that she doesn't like and what she does for if she ever stays over for dinner or so. The just in cases. Emma, be nice to your sister okey."

Emma nodded happily and walked inside after giving her mom a hug. "I'll pick her up between eight and nine. Have fun."

"We will, thank you", I said before she left and I closed the door behind her. Emma was already out of sight, probably going up stairs.