7| Pizza

"What are you doing here, Darren?" I said as I closed my eyes out of anger.

"I came t-to see you", Darren said with roses in his hands. "I-I got you flowers."

"Darren how many times do you want me to tell you that I am not interested? I don't want any of it", I said.

"Why?" he said and his face turned from innocent to just blank.

"I am not interested in you. I don't want to break your heart, but you keep on coming back after I keep rejecting you. How many times do you want to do this till you give up?" I said.

"Not. I'm not gonna stop till you give me what I want", he said and took ahold of my wrists dropping the flowers. "Just accept it."

"Darren, please just let my wrist go", I said as I tried to get my hand back, but it didn't work. "Darren!"

"Just say yes!" Darren screamed and to be honest I had never seen him this mad and serious before. He was always the shy one who I could reject and he would just go away trying again another time, but this time I could see the anger in his eyes. "Goddamn it!"

"Darren calm down and just let me go!" I said. While I was looking in his eyes I saw that they were red and puffy and immediately I understood what was going on. He was under influence of drugs.

I kept on trying to pull my hands out of his grip but it was no use, he was much more stronger than I was, not expecting his from a skinny tall boy. Maybe I should have gone training together with Felix when he started doing taekwondo.

All of a sudden Darren just flew to the ground and his grip on my hands loosened as he fell. I turned around and faced a furious looking Chan. He was about to walk to Darren, hands in fist as his veins started to show. As he walked past me I took ahold of his wrist and pulled him back. "Don't. He is under the influence of drugs", I said to him in a whisper.

As soon as those words left my mouth, his fists loosened. He looked me in the eyes while his face changed from furious to a more softer face. He turned to Darren who was laying on the ground just pointing his finger in the air and saying inaudible things. He turned back to me and held my shoulders. "Are you okey?"

"Yes, I am. Thank you", I said giving him a smile of reassurance.

"Good. Inform the police", he said as he took out his phone and gave it to me.

"But I don't want to interfere with it. I don't want them to know who I am or question me", I said while taking the phone with trembling hands. After all, what Darren did actually scared me.

"Call Crimestoppers. They will ask questions about the situation but they won't ask questions about you", he said while setting Darren in the corner. He was still as good as knocked out, so until help arrived he would still be sitting like this.

I called the crimestoppers and they said that they would arrive soon, we informed the head of the building and most people inside to make sure Darren wouldn't escape. They came and took Darren with them and, as Chan already said, they didn't ask any more questions.

"So we got rid of that now. He won't bother you for a long time", Chan said, taking his duffel bag.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that. His parents have money, they can get him out. Or at least now. If the news spreads that the CEO's son was on drugs, sails will go down and they could go bankrupt. All thanks to their own son", I said looking in front of me just thinking about what could have gone wrong if Chan hadn't shown up earlier. "But it's still not impossible."

"It's more unlikely for him to escape this punishment, but I can't say it's impossible", he said. "What's going on inside that brain of you right now. It's making you quite silent for someone that's pretty loud?"