18| Leave

(Thursday , August 1)

"Darren", I said with wide eyes as I was greeted with a smirking Darren.

"Hello Luna", he said with a douchy smile. "I see that you're doing fine."

Without even another word I walked away from him, scared that something bad would happen. When I turned my head to see if he was following me, his hand went around my arm but he didn't pull me back. "I wasn't done talking", he hissed.

"What are you doing here?", I said in a tone barely above a whisper. "Aren't you in jail."

"I was because of you, but you know having rich parents solved that problem before rumours could get spread." He pulled me with him to the side of the store, outside. Where nobody was, or at least almost nobody.

"What do you want Darren", I said slapping my arm out of his grip.

"Well I don't think that that is hard to understand. I need you to work with me here Luna", he said with an irritated look.

"What is it that you want from me Darren? Haven't you done enough already?" I said.

"I want money, you and-" he said with a smug smile, "I want you to break up with Christopher Bang."

"You're sick", I hissed. "I don't have time for you." I turned around and started walking the other direction.

"I don't think anyone would want to find out that your dear father cheated on your beloved mother do we? That wouldn't be good for the media and sales, would it?" he said.

I stopped in track and slowly turned around. "How do you know?"

"It isn't hard overhearing a crying person on the street. I saw it, everything. I was there", he said leaving me speechless. "Leave Christopher, come to me and I won't expose your father to the news."

"You're bluffing", I said.

"Tell that to the video I have on my phone", he said taking out his phone. "I have it all here."

Out of reflex, I tried to slap the phone out of his hands but he held it higher and I wasn't able to do anything. "Why me? Why no other company? Why don't you just stop?"

"Because", he said turning around," I want money, and you're pretty. Easy pray", he said and turned his head lightly. "I give you one month. Do you pass that month then the information will spread. I'll leave the rest up to you."

And then, he left. I stood there, not able to do anything. The buzz in my phone snapped me out of my shock.

Felix: buy some chocolate, there is no cheese.

I walked back in the store to buy chocolate and returned home afterwards with shock on my face. What am I supposed to do now?

I walked inside and tried to cover my face by plastering a smile on it. "Bought the orange juice and chocolate."

I sat down and ate breakfast. Talked with them, laughed with them. Without telling them what happened today. Everybody was already feeling shitty. I couldn't say this, it would make everything worse. Maybe I'll tell them about it later, but in the end I only have a month.

"Hello, earth on Luna. Pass me the strawberries", Felix said waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I said, snapping back to reality. "Oh yeah, here you go."

"You okey?" Felix asked with a frown.

"I'm fine", I said, smiling over my worry.

I am in such a fucking mess.