Chapter 5

Lisa pulled over her car at the side of the road then turned it off.

"Wait here," Lisa pocketed her phone inside her jacket as she ducked out from her car, covering her head with her hand and opened the car trunk to get the umbrella.

Lisa knocked on Jennie's window and told her to get out.

"What are you doing?" Jennie shouted against the sound of the rain.

Lisa didn't answer. She carefully led Jennie to shelter under the roof.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. You're wet. You shouldn't do that. The entrance merely a few walk, Lisa-ah"

"Well you'll get soak if you don't use umbrella and you wearing heels. Besides, my immune system is awesome. I don't get cold easily." She shrugged.

"You're so stubborn, you know that?"

"You remind me that over and over again, how can I forget?"

Jennie can only shake her head.

"Came to my office for a while. I'll make you tea or something."

Lisa was too freezing to argue. She jiggled her umbrella and shut it. She then followed Jennie entered the building as she took off her damped jacket. Jennie's office was on third floor. Her assistant greeted them as they passed by.

Lisa observed the place around her. There was brownish leather much complete with matching table's color, plants were here and there, the desk was awfully neat and the smell- the smell of this room was so Jennie.

"Hang your jacket over there. Just sit or whatever, I'll be back," Jennie left the room.

Lisa laid comfortably on her back as she closed her eyes. Physically she was dead tired but her mind was surprisingly peaceful. This place made her safe somehow, the same feeling when she was at her house recently. Felt like home.

"Lisa," Someone called for her.

"Lisa-ah, wake up." She heavily opened her one eye. "Wake up. You're going to be late and your tea is getting cold," Lisa blinked at the voice.

"Jennie-ah? Ugh," she groaned as she sat down. "What time is it? Did I fell asleep?"

"Yes, for half hour. It's nine twenty. Drink this," Jennie handed her the cup.

"Thanks. Why didn't you wake me?" Lisa sipped her drink.

"The rain has stopped. Traffic shouldn't be that bad anymore." Jennie said. Also how could I wake you up when you looked so deep in your sleep?

"I needed that," she sighed. "Well... I better get going. What time will you be done?" She pushed herself off the couch.

"One or two p.m.? I planned to off early if today is slow."

"Call me when you're done, okay? I probably finish by 12 or so, I take a rest of the day off or I'd end up killing my patient"

"You don't have to pick me up. I can take a cab or ask Irene or Chaeyoung to get me home"

"Nah, I drove you here, I'm taking you home myself," Lisa replied like it wasn't a big deal, not aware that her statement made Jennie's heart skip a beat for some vogue reason.

Lisa was about to grab her jacket when Jennie stopped her.

"Use mine, yours is wet," she gave Lisa her pink coat.