Chapter 11

It's been a few days since they saw each other. Jennie gone before Lisa awake and she slept before the other came home- or she wasn't sleep but didn't go outside of her room either. There was no text messages, no phone call, none.

Lisa hated it that she must eat alone, she hated it she had to go to work without saying goodbye to her, she hated come home without Jennie waiting for her.

She hated not having Jennie around. At the same time she hated it she wasn't able to apologize and made it up to her.

She had a lot in her mind a. the issue with Jennie made it all worse.

Often she wanted to knock on her door or call or text her but she just cant do that. What if she redo what she did? She wasn't sure about herself- or what Jennie to her for that matter.

"Okay, drop it Lisa. What the heck happen?" 

"Nothing." 

"I don't buy bull."

"...."

"You've been moping around for weeks now and you think I don't see the board schedule? Four- five surgeries for a day, are you insane? We hardly see you recently. What is it?" Seulgi pressed again. 

"Nothing, mind your own business." She snapped. 

"Something bothering you?" 

"Wow, you really are stupid," She mid sarcastically. "I said nothing."

"And you're a jerk who happen to be jerkier when you had something bugged you." Seulgi spoke, unaffectionate.

Lisa threw herself on the couch and took a sip form her cup. She gulped the water and let the cold slipped down to her throat. 

"In a few days, it'll be three years since he's gone." She said quietly. 

"Oh... you're right. So you've been thinking about that?" Lisa nodded. "I miss him too, you know. We all do." 

Lisa kept silent 

"It's gonna be alright, Lis. You have to let him go. He's happy now."

"Well yeah, easy for you to say. You're not the one who witness it." Lisa spoke absentmindedly.

"I'm sorry. But it'll be okay, Lisa. It'll be okay." Seulgi patted her back.

*****

Lisa came home that night greeted by the stillness like the other night recently. She went straight to her office without removing her shoes.

She opened a blue carton box and drew out a certain frame photo. It was taken few years back; the photo of them and Jungkook together in front of their University monument. It was their graduation day. She was grinning proudly towards the camera. It was the day the world acknowledged her as a doctor, all her hard work paid off. Sana wasn't graduate yet, she was at her last year meanwhile and Jungkook skipped his work at hospital to come to the event.

They were all close.

The key was- were. Because there was no more Jungkook. She missed the brother she never had. She stopped herself from crying then put the frame back to its place.

The sadness overflowing her.

"Damn you," she whispered broken-heartedly.

*****

"Flashback" 

"If you're ever going to back home, what would you do?" 

"We. We're going back together"