Chapter 19

Lisa stared at the half full plate across of her then sighed. They were supposed to have peaceful nice dinner together instead of fighting about something that didn't even need to be a problem in the first place.

Now, Jennie was mad at her. 

'He's the bad guy, why would you help him?' 

'He's a Korean citizen. He reserves the right of law, Lisa-ah.'

'Well what he does is already breaking the law. Do you even understand the deprivation this country has to suffer because of people like him? Or the poor who lost their job and everything?'

'You don't get it, do you?'

'Get what? What I see is that you helping a corrupt to not receives his retribution.'

'You know what? l don't think we should talk about work. Not when you can't see from my perspective.'

'Why? Are you mad now? You ask for my opinion and that's my opinion.'

'You ask me to talk about it!' 

'Because thought it'd be good if we share everything whatever that's on our mind-'

'And that is exactly what I'm doing! I don't talk about my work to having you criticizing about it without looking at the main problem!'

'Why are you shouting? It's merely my opinion and it doesn't matter, you will help him anyway. And here I thought you said you only do the less complicated case.'

'I'm going to bed.' 

'We're having dinner here.' 

'Finish it yourself.' 

'Nini?! Nini!!'

knock...knock...knock  

"Nini?" she knocked again. "Please open up?" 

"Go away!" Jennie shouted.

"I'm sorry, okay? Can we talk please? Nini?" she tapped the door again. 

"I don't want you to sleep upset." There was no respond from inside. 

"Nini, I really am sorry. I shouldn't have spoken like that. It's my fault. Forgive me, please?" 

Finally, the lock clicked as the sign she permitted her to enter.

Lisa pushed the door slowly just in case Jennie decided that she was angry enough to throw something at her.

"Nini?"

"I don't really like you right now." Jennie sulked, folding her arms in annoyed manner. She was at her bed, stare with piercing eyes at the shorty.

"I know and I'm sorry," she stepped in. "Are you going to kick me if I sit beside you?" She tried to joke but bit her tongue right away when Jennie glared at her. "I don't like it if you're mad at me and since it's me to blame, I want to make it up to you." she said sincerely.

Jennie still with the same face expression moved a bit to the middle side. Lisa smiled at the cute act.

"Is it too much to ask a permission to hug you?"

For split second Jennie's eyes widen at the sudden request. The blood was completely surged in her face area resulting its redden appearance. Her heart thumped like it was going to jump out anytime soon.

She was fidgeting inside. 

There was one time when Lisa invaded her very personal space- at the night when the doctor had the bad dream. Jennie was willing to give her maximum comfort she could provide by her embraced. Besides, Lisa wasn't fully aware of it and she hadn't grown too attached to her.