Chapter 23 (Part 2)

The present wasn't wrapped up in the wrapping paper. Lisa set the well-known brand shopping bag on her lap with anticipated look. "I hope you like it," she said.

It was the handbag that the picture Lisa sent her weeks ago. The same handbag that she said she liked. Jennie placed the shopping bag on the table and admiring her new thing.

She diverted her eyes from the bag and stared at Lisa's eyes. Lisa smiled nervously waiting for her opinion over the gift.

Right that second she wanted to kiss Lisa senselessly just to showed her how big her feelings- whatever it was towards her. Was it love? Maybe. She never fell in love- not even once before.

She read a lot of romance genre novel. She watched, she listened to the music and lyric of love. It fitted- matched perfectly with what she felt at the moment. It all made sense now.

Being with Lisa was everything new to her. There was no compulsion, no rush in things she wasn't comfortable, overall and most important thing was she could be herself freely. 

Lisa made her world turned upside down in the best possible way.

She wanted to tell her her story. She wanted her to know all about her. She believed in her.

"Hey," Lisa poked her cheek. "Are you okay? You don't like it?" She looked dejected by the long silence. "I'll find a new present, I promise."

Will you be my present then?

"I love it, Lisa." She said instead. "I really do. It's really pretty and it'll go with all my dresses. Thank you," and she meant it for way deeper than just a 'thank you for the bag'. 

Then Lisa kissed her cheek in a slow motion. The burning sensation from that certain spot didn't disappeared till she closed her eyes as she entering her slumber state.

*****

Lisa deliberately permitted Jennie to have full access on her phone for one reason; to proof her that she had nothing to hide.

Not to made her insecure and got jealous over a random- or her ex one night stand text who she didn't even remember nor to care to save their number.

Jennie didn't actually checked Lisa's phone. She was in the kitchen cooking for dinner whilst Lisa was in the bathroom doing some business when the chat popped up on the Lisa's phone screen. She got curious and the message made her stomach whirl in anxious, her chest tightened in anger.

The third war happened that night.

Lisa explained what she needed to explain. Her day was bad and Jennie made it all worse. Being accused of something that she didn't do was not a nice feeling. It hurt- literally.

"That person practically wants to have sex with you!" 

"But I don't want to have sex with her!" She shouted louder. 

"Well you had sex with her, don't you?" She remarked sarcastically. 

"Oh, you just have to bring that up now," Lisa said flatly.

"How am I supposed to react then?!" She really- really tried her best to not let a single tear fell down her cheeks. Her voice was shaking and everything went blur.

"I don't know who's that, I swear! Damn it!" She massaged her temple. 

"Jennie, I'm tired." Lisa never called her 'Jennie' for so long, it sounded so strange, odd and distant. "You believe what you want to believe," she walked out from the kitchen and slammed the door harder than usual, leaving the sobbing Jennie alone.

*****

Jennie success slipped to her room and set her clothes for today without woken her up. Her breakfast did prepared neatly on the kitchen counter, a bottle of infused water was ready to go. Lisa knew that today Jennie had to attended yet another stressful court at early morning. So her physical absence didn't become a question. The following rooming went normal as nothing happen.

But somehow weird.

It was just her or the sandwich did feel bland? The coffee was too bitter, Sponge Bob wasn't as funny as usual, the home atmosphere by any meant- creepy.

She couldn't concentrate at work. Her brain kept replying the same scene over and over. She was a bit out of control last night and she regretted it. She shouldn't let anger took over her rational self. 

Restlessness was an understatement.

She wanted to call Jennie- it seemed not gentle enough. She decided to stepped on her gas and apologized in person.

She stopped by the florist as a bribe for Jennie to get her forgiveness faster.

She walked into Jennie's building holding a bouquet of flowers that was bigger than her head.

She spotted Jennie near the escalator with Chaeyoung and a guy. She cleared her throat from afar. She didn't have speech preparation- she'd just go with the wind.

She stepped closer as she smiled nervously. 

"Really?" The guy sounded surprised. 

She saw Jennie nodded, she didn't see her expression though. Jennie's back was facing her. 

"You're finally agree to have a dinner with me!?" He shouted excitedly, his eyes practically sparkling. 

Jennie nodded again.

"Sweet! I'll tell you when and where. Text me your address, I'll pick you up. See you soon, Jennie!" He side hugged her.

Lisa froze as her heart stopped beating and her stomach twirled not in the good way. She couldn't believe her eyes nor her ears. She gulped and held back her tears- she won't cry no matter what. She turned back her heck and pulled her jacket closer. She threw the flower harshly in the trashcan.

Her heart broke into millions of pieces.

"Lisa?" She heard the indistinct voice she used to love on much. She walked faster ignoring the shout. 

"Lisa wait!"

She couldn't process all of it. The ringing in her head won't stop- it made her dizzy. She thought they were in the same page, they wanted the same thing but apparently not. She clenched her fingers till it knuckles turned white. She really wanted to punch that guy right this moment but how could she do that when Jennie said yes to the invitation? 

A pull of her arms reflexively yanked by her.

"Lisa-ah?!" Jennie was surprised by the rough act she never seen before. 

"You must be having fun making for of me, huh?" The look of Lisa's face scared her, it was something totally different with the Lisa she knew. It was anger, disappointment, a distant look that she obviously didn't like.

"What are you talking about?" She frowned.

"Yeah, don't play dumb," she snickered sarcastically. "Have fun with your date on your dinner tonight." The tears was threatening to escape her eyes, she quickly turned around and trotted away from her.

"Wait, Lisa-ah! I can explain!" Jennie went after her.

"Explain what? How you're laughing at me? How you were lying to me this whole time?! I was nothing but honest to you! I told you how I felt!" She yelled.

"You know I feel the same way about you," Jennie's lips were trembling now. "Why-"

"No, you don't. Because I would never treat you like that." She walked again before stopping and facing her for the last time.

"You know what, whatever we are- whatever it is." she shrugged. 

"We're done."

-----------------------**

if this chapter gets '30 votes', i'll update the next chapter 🤙