Colors (F.I. x G.W.)

Words- 1058

Daddy- Gerard Way
Little- Frank Iero
Song- "I Want Wind To Blow" by The Microphone

Frank moved the dark purple marker across the paper, coloring in his dog's collar. All across the page were many bright colors scribbled down in makers, Frank's hands partially covered too, but that wasn't a big deal to him, coloring his puppy dog was.

His pacifier slowly clicked as he sucked on it, focusing on the paper as he occupied himself while Gerard worked in the desk on the other side of the room.

After a few minutes, and Frank was covered in puppy dog colors, he laid down the markers, slowly crawling over to Gerard. His blanket in one, eagerly crawling over to the male in his chair.

Frank sat down on the floor right beside his chair, "Daddy?" He asked quietly, almost like a mouse would when frightened. He gently gripped onto the blanket, his small body not able to see above the desk.

Frank gently moved one hand, reaching up to grip Gerard's pant leg, gasping softly when Gerard looked down at him. "Hey, peach, I didn't know you were finished coloring," Gerard said softly, gently leaning down to pick the small boy up, "What did you color?" Gerard asked him softly, setting the boy down in his lap.

Frank gently gripped Gerard's shirt, "Puppy," Frank whispered softly, turning around on his lap to look at all the papers spread out across the desk.

Frank's little hands moved to play with them, Gerard instantly taking them into his own, "Let's go wash your hands, then you can play with the papers," Gerard said softly, showing Frank all the rainbow-colored marks on his hands, lightly kissing his knuckles too.

Frank shook his head softly, "Go p'ay?" Frank said softly, never being too loud in his headspace. Nothing was wrong, he was just quiet, and sometimes, for Gerard, this was a blessing, however, when he got into stuff he wasn't supposed too, a curse.

The Daddy nodded, sitting Frank back down on the floor and petting his bottom as he watched Frank quickly crawl back to his art book. Frank went back to his drawing excitedly. He knew what the puppy looked like, just not on paper, making it the cutest little puppy ever, even giving it a name "poncho".

Then he noticed the scribbles on his hands, so, he did what he does best. Colored. He drew in the spider web between his fingers, putting more letters between the ones on his hands.

Before he looked up again, he let out a soft whimper. He made grabby hands up for the concentrated male, his hands and tattoos needing more color now.

"daddy." Frank said, his soft voice barely traveling through the air, never big enough to make it to Gerard.

"daddy?" Frank asked, a faint echo barely even audible to himself.

He felt so small.
So so small. So indescribably small.

Gerard would never have noticed him if he was always this quiet. Gerard never would've asked him to be his boyfriend if he hadn't spoken up about his feelings. Gerard never would have to hear him again if he went stayed the small voiceless mumbling baby he tried so hard to believe he wasn't.

Frank's eyes watered up, "Daddy," and like a private secret, his words disappeared right in front of him.

The dam in his eyes broke, a muted eruption of tears flowed from his eyes. As if his world shattered, and pieces of him crashed unnoticed on the ground.

Frank laid his head down and let out the faintest of sobs. A heartbreaking noise. He barely let out a gentle whine. His pacifier slipping out and forgotten on the floor.

The room shuffled for a moment, until Frank wasn't on the floor anymore, instead, Being lifted into the arm and into Gerard's arms. "Babyboy, what's the matter? Daddy's here, tell me what's going on," Gerard asked him, gently rubbing his back. His heart was breaking as he listened for the nearly silent noises escaping the quiet boy.

It took him several minutes before Frank could muster a noise close to words, "i's need daddy," Frank whimpered, his hands gripping Gerard's shirt tightly.

Gerard nodded and rocking him in his arms for a few minutes, holding him close against his body, "I'm here for you, baby, daddy's here," Gerard promised him quietly, rubbing his back until he thought the boy would be okay enough to talk more.

Frank spent the next few minutes letting his last few test drops fall before slightly pulling away from Gerard, "i's sorry, daddy," Frank whispered to him, rubbing his puffy and red eyes against his brightly colored palms, apologizing for one too many times for crying.

Gerard shook his head, softly kissing his forehead, "No apologies, baby, you didn't do anything wrong, tell daddy why you're crying though, honey," Gerard said, slowly pulling Frank's hands away from his face Incase it started to smear.

Frank whimpered quietly, pointing to the markers, "i-i wanted to. i wanted to color in my tattoos, and i didn't say it loud enough, and i's got sad, and started crying," Frank explained to him, his eyes watering up against until Gerard pulled him close to his body, holding him tightly.

He hummed to the small boy for a minute more, keeping him calm and happy before picking up the marker, "It's okay, babyboy, you just got a little sad, it's okay to cry, don't feel bad, Daddy was just too concentrated. You can always come and get me, or why don't we get you a little desk right beside daddy's for when he works?" Gerard asked him softly, rocking him in his arms, gently kissing his forehead.

Frank nodded softly, sitting up in his lap, and kissing his cheek again, his small smile coming back. He grabbed his pacifier off the floor, sliding it between his teeth, "Colors?" Frank asked him, handing the green marker to Gerard.

Gerard chuckled softly, taking the marker and uncapping it, "What are we coloring baby?" Gerard asked him, before Frank pulling up his shirt, pointing to the tattoo across his belly, Gerard playfully tickled his belly, "Alright, but we've got to take it off before you go to sleep tonight," Gerard told him softly.

@llamasandlions1
Lol, I tried