Good Night (R.R. x B.U.)

Words- 497

Daddy- Brendon Urie
Little- Ryan Ross
Song- "We'll be Okay" by Afrojack and Wrabel

Brendon held Ryan close in his arms, gently rocking him. The small boy was almost asleep, but the nightmares always stayed in his head.

Brendon soft voice was the only thing to comfort him. On his worst nights, Brendon stayed with him, softly humming to him, even if his consciousness wavered.

Brendon turned the page in his book, softly reading the words to Ryan's attentive and overactive mind. Ryan quietly sucked on his thumb, not trying to keep his eyes open. But they wouldn't stay closed.

When the final chapter was finished, Brendon yawned quietly himself, looking down at Ryan, "Little One, let's go get a bottle, and cuddle. That always helps you sleep," Brendon told him softly, getting up out of the rocking chair.

Ryan nodded sweetly, quietly sucking on his thumb as Brendon carried him to the kitchen, "Cho'late?" Ryan asked him, laying his head down on his shirt.

Brendon chuckled softly and nodded, "If you would like it, sweetheart," Brendon told him, knowing the small boy's medicine would be kicking in soon, and he could sleep peacefully.

Ryan nodded again, nuzzling into the crook of Brendon's neck, softly smiling. When Brendon finished making the chocolate milk, Ryan was quietly sucking on his thumb as he looked around the living room with a small smile on his lips. He was tired, but sleep seemed like it'd never come for him.

Brendon carried the small boy to their bedroom again, softly rubbing over his back, "Ryan, honey, do you want your bottle in the rocking chair or in bed?" Brendon asked, rocking Ryan in his arm.

Ryan mumbled out a small, "S'eepy," nuzzling against Brendon's neck, making grabby hands for his stuffies.

Brendon guessed Ryan's medicine was starting to wear him out, propping up the pillows for Ryan, and laying him down. Brendon laid on his side, his head on a pillow and his legs under Ryan's as the small boy laid on his back. Brendon also had his arm under Ryan's head, "Open up, little one," Brendon said to him softly after putting a couple stuffed animals close to him.

Ryan softly opened his mouth, sucking on the bottle as Brendon slid it into his mouth, letting out a quiet hum. He nuzzled into the bed, holding his stuffies tightly in his arms while Brendon held him.

Brendon closed his eyes while Ryan drank his chocolate milk, softly humming and singing to the small boy. Ryan's little legs kicked on the bed, softly blushing as he started drifting off to sleep. Everything in him was arguing to stay awake, but when he finished the bottle, he was quick asleep after words.

Brendon untangled himself from around Ryan, covering him up and gently kissing his forehead, "Sleep tight, baby boy," Brendon whispered to him softly, putting the bottle on the side table and cuddled back up against his little one.