Come Home (P.W. x M.W.)

Words- 879

Daddy- Mikey Way
Little- Pete Wentz
Song- "Kissing You Goodbye" by The Used

"I'm not leaving you for good," Mikey whispered to his little, slowly petting Pete's head. They were currently in the hallway of Mikey's brother's house.

Pete whimpered softly, "Daddy, please, I-I don't know if you're coming home, and you always stay away so long, and-" Pete begged him softly, gently gripping Mikey's shirt.

Mikey gently kissed his lips, "Pete, my love, you're not safe with me right now, baby. Daddy's just doing what's best for now, honey," Mikey said softly, hugging Pete tightly to his body.

Pete relaxed against Mikey, holding onto him tightly and whimpering, "D-Daddy, promise me you'll come home as soon as you can," Pete whispered to him, tugging on his shirt and whining softly.

Mikey nodded, hugging his little boy and lifting him into his arms, "Of course, little man, daddy will be home before you know it," Mikey cooed to him.

A quick car drive past the house, and Mikey held the small boy tightly against his body, "Shh, baby, Shh," Mikey hummed to him quietly, feeling the small boy tense up in his arms.

When the house was silent again, Mikey sat Pete down, slowly kissing his cheek again, "My love, daddy has to leave, I'm sorry," Mikey cooed to him, grabbing his jacket and pulling it over his body.

Pete nodded slowly, gently rubbing his eyes. He was trying so hard not to cry, everything in him wanted to grab Mikey and tell him he couldn't leave, but he knew that wouldn't do any good.

Mikey had made up his mind, he'd already told himself to keep Pete safe he had to leave for a while.

Mikey slowly kissed Pete, gently caressing over his hair, "Little one, I love you so so much, call my brother if you need help, okay? I'll be back soon, he can protect you better than I can," Mikey told him quietly, kissing him one more time, before Mikey was gone. The door sealed shut behind him.

Pete cried to himself, rubbing his eyes as he quietly sobbed. He knew better than to wake anyone up, he was just crying.

Pete cried all through the night, burying himself in Mikey's brother's couch, pulling a blanket over himself.

The next morning, Gerard shuffled into the living room, having a cup of coffee in his hands, trying to be quiet as Pete slept.

When Pete sat straight up on the couch, Gerard jumped slightly, "Good morning, Pete," Gerard said quietly, the warm coffee smell spreading through the room.

Pete relaxed, shifting on the couch, "Hi, Gee," Pete mumbled quietly, Laying his head down onto the side of the couch again, looking up at him again.

Gerard chuckled quietly, slowly sipping from his coffee, "Mikey texted and said he's sending you something tonight, through the mail," Gerard said, turning on the television.

Mikey was gone for almost two weeks.
The only word Pete had gotten from him was the mail.
It was a stuffed bear from Pennsylvania.

When the doorbell rang, Pete was already fast asleep in the guest bedroom. He was far more than tired.

He'd been trying so hard to make himself feel comfortable and safe in Gerard's home, but it just wasn't the same.

Gerard slowly answered the door, and there was Mikey way. He was dripping wet, and it didn't help he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

Gerard slowly helped Mikey inside, making sure to keep him away from the furniture.

Mikey shivered softly, quietly whispering things to Gerard he'd never want Pete to hear.

It seemed like everything had gotten worse since he'd left.

But at least Pete was safe.

Gerard walked with Mikey up to the guest bedroom, giving him a spare change of clothes, before returning back to his own bedroom.

Mikey changed slowly, getting use to the warmth of the house.

It seemed impossibly long before Mikey crawled into the bed, slowly petting over Pete's head.

"Pete, honey, daddy's home," Mikey whispered to him, slowly caressing over his back, watching the small boy squirm and slowly open his eyes.

He nuzzled against Mikey, slowly wrapping his arms around Mikey's body, holding onto him tightly. "Daddy, I missed you so much," Pete said softly.

Mikey chuckled quietly, pulling the blanket completely over them, laying close against Pete, enjoying his warmth.

Mikey kissed the top of his head, "I know, my love, I missed you so much too, you've got me now, I'll protect you," Mikey said softly.

And for the first time in almost two weeks, Pete started to regress. "Daddy," He cooed softly, moving his thumb to his lips.

Mikey cooed and hugged Pete tightly, "Oh, is my little baby getting small? Hmm, seems like daddy will have to cuddle him extra hard," Mikey laughed softly, slowly petting over his hair.

Pete giggled, holding onto him, and babbling quietly.

Mikey watched him giggle and laugh for a little, before he quietly shushed him, "It's time for little boys to go back to sleep, honey," Mikey said softly, kissing his cheek, holding him tightly in his arms.

Pete whined quietly, but nodded, squirming closer to Mikey and kissing his chest, nuzzling close against him.