New Home

EMMA'S POV

I'm now looking thru the window of the Rolls Royce as the driver takes us to Adam's mansion. The car ride was very quiet, his eyes never leaving the paper work he was checking. Upon arrival the driver opened mine and Adam's door, I stood speechless in the driveway, this house was beyond my expectations, never in my wildest dreams I thought I'll step a foot on a home like this, not mention live in it.

Adam's mansion

I see Adam walking to the main door to enter the house, he never said anything to me so I just ran to follow behind, in a house this big I'm sure I'll easily get lost

I see Adam walking to the main door to enter the house, he never said anything to me so I just ran to follow behind, in a house this big I'm sure I'll easily get lost. He never stopped to look if I was coming or not, it was like if I wasn't there at all.

Once inside I appreciated how elegant and luxurious this house was, the furniture looked expensive as well as the curtains on each window, the classic style in the decor was highlighted with small accents in gold blending perfectly with he majestic Victorian style stair case in the left corner of the living room.

I was surprised Adam didn't give me a tour of this huge house, I was going to be living here after all, he didn't even bother to check if I was in the house or still in the car outside, he just continued walking up the stairs. I was so lost that I decided to follow him, maybe he wanted show me my room.

We reached the second floor and I followed Adam down a hallway, then a brown wood double door stood in front him, me still behind him. He opened the door and walked in, I followed, maybe this will be my room. I looked around and realized this house will never stop amazing me, the room was probably the size of my apartment times two, beautiful brown hardwood floor and again same classic style in the furniture, the bed was enormous, even the pillows looked big like I've never seen before, and at the end a balcony with pastel aqua colored curtains being the perfect combination with the natural color palette of the room.

Finally Adam turned to me, this time I saw hate in his eyes.

"Out"

"W...what?"

"I said out, get out of my room."

"I'm sorry, I thought you would take me to my room."

"Who do you think I am? Your personal assistant?"

"No, of course not, I just don't know this house, didn't kow where to go."

"Figure it out and the the fuck out of my sight."

This time he yelled. I immediately turned towards the door and ran out of the room. What made Adam so upset? Did I do something?. My breathing was getting faster and my hands shaking, my back rested against the double door of Adam's room, I had to put my hand on my chest to calm myself down a little. I wasn't expecting this reaction, I knew he had no feelings for me and that this marriage was an arrangement but he offered to be friends.