"No one has ever protected me the way you did"

I want to dedicate this new chapter to @SheunDede, thank you for reading and voting, it means a lot ❤️

------------

ADAM'S POV

I don't know what got me, but when I saw that dunk's hands on Emma I totally lost it and punched him as hard as I could. He's now on the floor trying to hold blood from coming out of his nose, I look at Emma and her breathing is agitated tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Don't you ever put your filthy hands on my wife again and get out of here, you are fired!!"

"Mr. McRoberts !! I ... I didn't know she was your wife, I.... I'm s..sorry."

"I said out !!!!" I yelled trying to control the urge to beat him to death. People started to gather around us just to see the scene, I see Tristan coming to me.

"Adam what happen?" I didn't answer, my mind was now focused in one thing, Emma.

"Are you OK? " I asked her, she nodded yes with her head, looking so vulnerable and fragile, I don't know where this need to protect her is coming from, but I just followed my instinct.

I wrapped an arm around her waist and took her out, my driver waited for us at the door. Inside the car I didn't know what to do, my heart wanted to comfort her but my mind was forcing me to hold back. Emma surprised me by breaking the silence speaking in a whisper, fear still emerging from her eyes.

"You shouldn't have fire him."

"Like hell I can, he's my employee."

"I'm not worth somebody's job."

I didn't like to see her like this, feeling worthless, but why? This is the reason I brought her closer to me, to see her like this. I spent all this time thinking that this will bring me relief but it was making the opposite effect and I hated myself for it.

Now at home she walked towards the stairs wanting to go to her room, her shoulders down just like her head and something in me didn't want to let her go, I grabbed her arm making her change direction, now facing me. I regretted it the second our eyes meet because I had no idea what to say.

" I hope you can sleep well." Was all I managed to say. My face changed in whimper as result of the pain I felt coming from my knuckles, we both looked at it and realized blood was coming out. She ran upstairs.

I lay down in the sofa, trying to clear off my mind, Emma was having this effect in me that I liked and hated all at the same time. I started to doze off when a soft touch in my hurting hand woke me up, I moved my head to the side to see Emma siting on the floor with a first aid kit at hand.

"Would you mind?" she asked and all I did is continue to look into her green eyes, she interpreted that as a 'yes' and stated to clean up my wound. My gaze was on her the entire time, I don't know if she realized that or not and at point I didn't care.

When she finished and made an attempt to get up I stopped her by holding her hand, our eyes met and I saw how the fear transformed into something else that I knew very well because I was feeling the same. I moved closer to her and was able hear her heart pounding and her breathing getting more and more agitated. Neither of us moved for a few seconds, our mouths only inches apart. That's it I'm kissing her, I'll deal with the regret tomorrow.

Just when I was about to kiss her, the loud sound thunder echoed all over the house making us both startle in response. We were out of the trance produced by the proximity we shred before.

She was now taking her leave but turned half way and said.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"For protecting me tonight, no one has ever protected me the way you did, thank you."

EMMA'S POV

My breathing was out of control I'm not sure if it was a result of my running or for what was about to happen minutes ago in the living room. I'm walking in the long hallway and rain started to pour outside, I heard a low sob, following the sound of it I see Demi outside her bedroom door shaking and crying so I ran to her.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm just afraid of storms and thunders."

"It's ok, there's nothing to be afraid about, I'll take you to your room and wait until you fall asleep." I grabbed her tiny hand and we walked together to her room. I helped her into bed and tugged her in and started playing with her hair and talking.

"You know storms are not scary at all, is just water falling from the sky and thunders are noisy clouds who want to scare pretty little girls."

ADAM'S POV

I was on my way to my bedroom when I heard voices coming from Demi's room, who would she be talking to this late? The door was ajar so it was easy to take a peak and I saw Emma talking to my little girl about her fear for storms in the sweetest way, like a mother should talk to her children. What are you doing Emma?, this was not supposed to happen.

-----------------

The next morning I went to Demi's room to wake her up for school. I opened the door and saw Emma sleeping next to her, still wearing the dress from last night, I figured sleeping in that dress must be very uncomfortable. I wouldn't wake them up so I just closed the door and walked back to my room.

After taking a shower and dressing up for work I left my room and saw Emma walking to hers, I could tell she didn't sleep comfortably.

"Why did you sleep en Demi's room?"

"I'm sorry, I found her crying in the hallway last night, the storm scared her, couldn't leave her like that so I walked her back in the room, she wanted me to stay. I'm sorry it won't happen again."

My eyes pinned hers, and in the craziest impulse I grabbed her by her waist with both hands, my mouth landed in hers. She was hesitant and surprised at first but then her  muscles got softer and she gave in. I hugged her body, my hands now moved to both sides of her face. Her hands in my neck. My entire boy reacted to the kiss sending electricity all over. Her soft lips tasted so good I can get addicted to them.

End of this chapter, I hope you liked it.

I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to those reading this story. You guys inspire me to continue writing. If you LIKE and give me your feedback in COMMENTS it will mean the world to me. ❤️