Magnet Effect

ADAM'S POV

I'm now at the hospital siting at the waiting room, my tie is loose, and my hair a mess, I look down while both my hands hug my head form the back. I can't believe what just happened, I wanted to hurt her but not like this, I'll never forgive myself if something bad happens to Emma.

Is been two hours since they rushed her inside and every minute gets me more desperate than the other. Finally the door opens and the doctor comes out, I get up form the uncomfortable chair and run towards him.

"How is she? Please tell me everything is fine."

"Well, I'm not going to lie to you Mr McRoberts, your wife condition is critical, she could've died."

"What?!! I don't understand, what happened to her? She was perfect minutes before passing out."

"Mmm.... I think we should go in my office. This is not the right place to address this matter."

"You're scaring me now doctor, what's going on?"

"Please follow me, will talk in my office."

Without further words I followed the doctor. God please let Emma, my Emma be fine, she has to recover from whatever this is. We walk into the small office, the doctor takes his seat at his desk and points to the chair in front for me to sit and I follow.

"Well first of all, you should know that you have a very strong wife, I'm surprised she survived. "

"That's a relief but at the same time worries me, how can someone be perfectly fine and two minutes later she's about to die."

"You really don't know what happened to her?"

"What?"

"Mr McRoberts your wife was physically abused, someone assaulted her causing an internal hemorrhage, thankfully you brought her to the hospital on time and we where able to save her life, five more minutes  and-" I interrupted.

"What do you mean by assaulted?" My blood stated to boil, who did this to Emma, how was I so stupid to not notice.

"Yes, her stomach is full of bruises unfortunately the injury was also internal, like I said her life was in real danger." 

"But, who did this to her?"

"I don't know, that was actually my question to you." His gaze turned accusatory.

"I'm as clueless as you are, I'll never put a hand on my wife, if that's what you are trying to say, who do you think I am?"

"I'm sorry, Sir. Please understand that in cases like this is very common to see husbands abuse their wives, I think the best we can do now is wait until she wakes up and ask her who did this and why."

"Yes, I'm not letting this go unnoticed, whoever did this is going to pay for it."

"Mr. McRoberts I should ask you to please don't pressure your wife once she wakes up, I understand you need answers but right now the priority is her full and satisfactory recovery."

"I understand, is just that I feel like I failed to protect her. "

"I totally understand Sir."

"When will she wake up?"

"I don't have that answer, I will all depend on her, we had to put two units of blood since she lost so much, right now her body is tired and readjusting, she'll open her eyes when she's ready."

"OK, and when will I be able to see her?"

"She's in a room now please follow me and I'll take you there."