Because I love You

ADAM'S POV

Emma, are you alright?"

"I am fine, thanks for asking... excuse me..." She tried to go around me but I gabbed her arm.

"We need to talk."

"I don't want to, please continue with your life as I am with mine."

"I'm not letting you go, specially now that we are having a baby. You need to come back home."

"Fist of all, that's not my home, it never was, and second this baby isn't yours so stop harassing me, forget that I ever existed."

"You're lying just to push me away, I know that baby is mine and you're mine too."

"How arrogant can you be, I'm not one of your business deals... just stay away from us, like I said this baby is not yours."

"Even if you say that a thousand times I wont believe it."

"How come you not believe it? Didn't you say I was a whore and a gold digger multiple times?"

"Emma please stop."

"That's actually what I want to do, stop, just let me go Adam." She pushed her arm away from my hold. You were right this relationship will never work." She started walking away.

I grabbed her by her waist from behind, my hand landed on her womb and I felt how she froze not knowing what to do. I gave her the hug I so desperately been wanting for two months, her scent became my medicine as I buried my face on her neck and caressed her little bump with my hands.

"I love you two so much, I was going crazy not knowing where you were, please don't do this again." I whispered in her ear.

"Stop we are in the middle of the hospital, people are staring." She whispered back.

"Lets go somewhere appropriate then." I continued whispering in my tight hold even though I wanted to stay like this for ever.

We left the hospital and sat at a nearby cafe, Emma was avoiding my eyes the hole time.

"I don't even know why we came here, I said all I needed to say."

"What do you want me to do to make you forgive me."

"Nothing, there's nothing than can be done at this point. The only thing I want from you is your signature in the divorce papers."

"That I will never do." I said taking calmly a sip of my coffee, while inside, I was dying.

"Why are you doing this to me? You are just making my life more difficult."

"I'm not letting you go, I've tell you this so many times."

"Why?"

"Because I love you!" I yelled making her startle in her chair and the entire cafe clientele and staff look at us.

Emma was in shock, I have never said this to her before. I saw how tears gathered in her eyes and one ran down her cheek, I couldn't resist the drive to wipe it with my thumb.

"That's no enough and you know it, you even said it that night."

"Forget what I said that night. Besides I know your dad was not involved in the accident and---"

"My brother was."

She interrupted me .

"What?"

"The night of the accident, Jason came home along with one of his shady friends, both extremely intoxicated. He asked dad for money, for sure to buy more drugs. We had no money, so he wanted to sell my dad's car, everything else of value we had he sold before. My dad refused, they stated arguing and he got a gun shooting my dad twice, dad fell off the balcony and entered in a coma as a result of the injuries.

Jason didn't even stopped to see if dad was alive or not, him and his friend got the car and left. They crashed the car that same night, Jason's friend was the one driving and died but Jason was uninjured and being the coward he is ran from the scene before the police arrived. They were unable to identify Jason's friend because he wasn't carrying and documents with him. He probably didn't even have a driver's licence. Adam my dad didn't caused Amy's death but my brother did, things haven't changed."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I've been so wrong all this time. I feel terrible for Emma, she was as much of a victim as I was and I made her miserable, I took my resentment on the very person who suffered the most in all this.

"I don't care who caused that accident anymore. Forgive me Emma, none of that was your fault, I've been selfish and ignorant this hole time. I don't care about the past anymore, I can't change it. I want to focus in the future, a future with you."

"How do I know you won't flip over one day and go back to hating me again."

"I could never hate you Emma, I love you more than life itself."

She look at her wrist watch .

"I have to go, can't be late for work."

"You don't need to work and in your state I prefer you stay home and rest."

"Are you going to control my life again?"

"Of course not, I just think you need to take things easy now that you're pregnant, you don't need to hustle for money anymore, I'll give you everything you need."

"I don't want anything form you."

I took a deep breath, this will be harder than I thought.

"Okay, then do it for the baby, I have all the right to provide for my own child."

"That doesn't mean I need to stop working."

"Emma please don't be stubborn, just give me one more chance to do things right."

"Okay, just one chance, you have only one chance left in your lifetime."

My face lit up

"That will be enough, I'm not planing on screwing ever again, now lets go home."

"No, this time we will do things my way, I'm not going back to that house until I know things have really changed, I will continue with my life how it's been for the past two months."

"Okay, I guess that's more than I had yesterday."

"Now I have to go."

She got up from the chair.

"Wait!!!! Can I at least know where you live and work."

"I'll find you."

She said and walked away leaving me in the coffee shop, I hugged my head with both my hands in frustration.

EMMA'S POV

When I saw Adam standing in front of me in the hospital every single cell of my body froze, that was the least place I expected to see him. I've been hiding from him for two months to end up finding him in the only place I felt safe. I even had to stop going to see Demi when I saw his car parked outside of the school, gotta give it to him, he didn't sopped going for a hole week, every day making me leave without seeing Demi.

When I felt his hands wrap around me and touch my growing belly, I felt like everything has fallen into place, I missed him so much and worried me how he looked, he had huge bags under his eyes and was a little thinner that what I remembered, he even had a beard, he hasn't shaved in a while.

I fought the desire to land in his arms because I've been hurt by him so many times. Now that I'm going to be a mother I see things differently, and I wont settle for anything other than what me and this baby deserve.

I was walking in the side way hoping to get a cab if not I wouldn't make it on time to work when I felt the pressure of a hand pulling me into a dark alley behind the buildings. Terror filled my entire body as I saw the person standing before me.

"Hi big sister, having fun with the rich boy?" He looked down to my bump. "Sure you are."

"J....Jason."

End of this chapter, I hope you liked it

Please VOTE and leave me your COMMENTS I enjoy so much talking to you guys.