Lost

ADAM'S POV

TWO MONTHS LATER

It's been two months since Emma left, I've been looking everywhere for her, its like she just vanished. I can not help but to wonder, if she's been eating and sleeping right, if she has a comfortable bed to sleep in, how is she felling, is she having any morning sickness, have a doctor seen her, does she misses us?

Me? Nothing more than a total mess, I haven't been able to catch any sleep, an hour per day at the most is all I've been able to achieve. I try to sleep, I really do, but somehow I wake up in the middle of the night my thoughts and worry haunting me.

I have huge bags under my eyes and I've even lost some weight. I felt like a huge part of me was slowly dying.

Most of the time I'm either at work or in my study, I only force myself to have dinner with Demi and spend some time with her before her bed time. This is been hard on her too, she misses Emma so much and won't stop talking about her. She's even saying now that Emma went to see her at school, my poor little girl I don't know what to say to her anymore.

I walked out of my study to go and say goodnight to Demi, ever since Emma left it became my job again.

"Daddy!!! how are you feeling?"

Even a four year old can notice my ghostly state.

"I'm good princess, how are you?" I tried to give her my best smile.

"I miss Emma." Her mood changed and she looked down to the floor, my heart broke a little more if that's even possible.

"I know baby, I miss her too."

"When are you bringing her back, you said you will bring her back but it's been too long."

"I'm sorry princess I'm doing my best, I wish it was that easy."

"Why don't you go and get her at the school?"

"Demi, Emma is not at the school, why do you keep saying that?"

"Because she is daddy, I've seen her, I promise, I'm not lying. Sometimes when I go to the playground I can see her at the other side of the fence, across the street looking at me, she even waves when I notice her and she smiles to me, sometimes she's crying. Emma is very sad daddy, why?"

Could this be true? I know my daughter, she's not the kind of kid who lies. What she says is too specific to be coming from her imagination. Desperation took over.

"Demi you need to tell me at what time and what days she's going to your school."

"I don't know daddy, she goes some days not all days, sometimes in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon."

I keep forgetting she's only four, I can't ask her for more.

I kissed her head.

"That's fine, you have helped me a lot already, now get some sleep, I promise you Emma will be back home in no time."

------------------

I've spent an entire week literally parked outside of Demi's school and Emma hasn't showed up. I don't know what to do anymore, I even hired a private investigator but no trace of her could be found, she couldn't have disappeared, she's somewhere and I wont stop until I find her.