You're Jealous

EMMA'S POV

The morning ocean breeze caressed my face and made my red hair fly freely while I stare at the mesmerizing blue water, I get melancholic as I get a flash back of me and my bother as kids playing at a beach, my dad comes running and throws me in the sand and starts tickling me. Immediately Jason jumps on top of my dad and tries to punch him in a attempt to save me. Mom comes with a tray of snacks, I can't remember exactly what she said but for sure she told dad to be careful. A tear slides down, and I wipe it off immediately.

A hand on my shoulder makes me startle, when I look Adam is standing behind me showing a soft simile, and I ask myself if I'll ever be able to not be affected by this man's presence.

"I knew I'll find you here."

"Were you looking for me?"

"Yes."

"What did I do now."

"Nothing, I just.... I don't know, wanted to see you. What are you doing here anyways."

"The ocean brings me so many good memories, it helps me clear off my mind."

"Can I join you?"

I nodded in response to a 'yes'. Adam grabbed my hand in his and walked a few more steps in the sand, closer to the water, we sat in a spot we liked. We both looked at the ocean, deep thinking, lost and sometimes fighting in our own demons. I broke the silence and asked.

"Adam?"

"Humm..." Was all he said his eyes still lost in the water and its natural music. I don't know if a should ask this but here it goes...

"Tell me about your wife." He now quickly switched his gaze and was now on me, his pupils felt like lasers shooting my way, it worried me how he looked mad and upset, but then it changed to hurt and pain, then to tenderness.

"What do you want to know?"

I was impressed he actually allowed this topic.

"What happened, how was your relationship with her like."

I saw how he took a deep breath and his gaze returned to the ocean.

"We had the perfect marriage, we loved each other very much. Amy was beautiful, elegant and smart with a big heart and great sense of humor. When Demi came into our lives we reached absolute happiness. We had so many plans and hopes for Demi and for our future children, we wanted a big family. We were young, happy and in love, what could go wrong? One night she was coming back from a dinner date with her best friend, on her way back home a drunk driver crashed into her car and she died instantly, when paramedics arrived she was already death. I not only had to deal with the sudden death of the love of my life but with the fact that I had to raise my two year old daughter alone. I was a very dark time in my life, if it wasn't for Demi I don't know where I'll be by now. I drowned myself in my work and in being present in my daughters life as much as I could. I became someone I hardly know now, I started flirting with every woman I found interesting and took most of them to bed, I don't even know why I didn't care one bit about them, I just did it out of selfishness.

"What happened to the person in the other car?"

His jaw clenched and anger returned to his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but probably had second thoughts about what he was about to say and closed his mouth again, then turned to face me, his eyes pinned in mine. I noticed how his gaze softened again, one of his hands touched my face and a small smile formed on his lips.