Perfect

EMMA'S POV

"Emma!" He sounded and looked surprised.

"What did I do wrong now?"

"Nothing, you're perfect"

I walked inside the room he moved over to the side to let me go through and closed the door after me. I walked over to him again, Adam looked curious, he had no clue what I was doing and to be honest neither did I, his eyes followed my every move. Intentionally I came very close to him, our lips inches apart, I felt how his body tensed at my proximity, I looked him in the eyes and he did the same but then lowered his gaze to my lips and back to my eyes again, I grabbed his glass of whiskey and placed it in the nearby coffee table in very slow moves, my gaze still in his.

"Emma..." He warned me.

"Did I do something wrong."

"Yes, everything you're doing is wrong."

"But you just said I was prefect."

He breathed a chuckle and said.

"Now using my own words against me, how impressive." A smirk formed in his face.

"I learned from the best."

He chuckled again.

"I gave you a chance to be free, jet you're here, don't make me change my mind Emma, you're playing with fire."

"Why are you doing this? Is this what you really want?"

"I'm doing what's right, not what I want."

"Did it ever occurred to you what I want?"

"Yes, you begged me multiple times to let you go. Emma what I love the most about you is your sense of freedom and I can't live with the fact that I didn't give you that, I rather see you going than kill your spirit. I want you, but I can't have you in those terms, I want you to come to me willingly and not the way I trapped you."

"I agree, we can't change the past, but the future is ours, is just a matter of making better choices from now on."

"Is not that simple, I hate myself for the things I did and said to you, your smile is a reminder of how forgiving and pure you are and how dirty and dark I am. I will never be able to make you happy."

"You don't know that!" I yelled as frustration got the best of me.

"I do!" He also yelled, this conversation was frustrating for the both of us.

"I see, forgive me for wasting your time."

I walked past Adam and towards the door, I wanted to go to my room and cry my eyes out.

"Emma!" His voice form behind made me stop, I didn't move, not even to see what he was going to say, a part of me wanted to run way and the other wanted me to turn and face him.

"Emma." He grabbed my arm making me turn around.

"Let m...--"

"Please stay."

"I must go, I've humiliated myself enough tonight."