Im here with my husband

EMMA'S POV

I couldn't get my body to move an inch, fear suddenly made me stay frozen.

"Who the fuck told you it was OK for you to walk around like you own this place?"

Adam turned me around to look me in the eyes. I couldn't speak, I couldn't think and now after seeing Adam's rage perfectly reflected in his eyes, my body started trembling.

"You were trying to steal from me weren't you? I should've known better, bringing a tramp like you home was a bad idea." I felt how Adam's hold in my left arm was  getting tighter and tighter, his hateful glare made me have a flashback of my brother walking towards me with that evil smile which I knew very well, he always did it before starting his beatings. I don't know how but I found the strength to speak.

"No, I will never--" but Adam interrupted.

"Don't try to foul me Emma, I know what whores like you look for, but trust me on his one, I will destroy you with my own hands."

Now my vision was blurred by all the tears formed in my eyes. Another flashback appeared, this time Jason was beating me, the pain felt so real my whole body ached, the fear and the pain were unbearable. I wanted to scream for help but like always my mouth betrayed me. Finally in a forced and a weak wispier I begged.

"Please.... Don't ..... Please......"

Involuntary I covered my face, it was a reflex to prevent Adam from actually hitting me. His face suddenly changed, the rage was gone from his eyes and I felt in relief as he let go of my arm. This was my opportunity to leave this room so I desperately ran to my bedroom.

Locking the door behind me I sledded against it and sat on the floor hugging my knees crying my eyes out. I was so hopeful that I will no longer have to encounter this fear ever again, but it was like if life was telling me that this is what's there for me, maybe I deserved it, maybe I was the problem, maybe something in me made people hate me so much bring the worst in them.

ADAM'S POV

I was furious when I saw Emma walking into this room. She was the last person I wanted to see here, but my anger faded the second I saw how terrified of me she was.

I hated her with all that's in me, I wanted to see her like that, desperate and broken and now that I finally started to get what I was looking for it felt like something wasn't right. I didn't get the satisfaction I was looking forward to have.

Emma thought I was going to hit her. Why I'm I feeling this need to let her know that I will never touch a woman in such way ? What she thinks of me or not shouldn't be one of my concerns. But it is. A voice in my subconscious said.

--------------------------

EMMA'S POV

"I'm impressed Emma, you managed to get the money for your dad's treatment. I just hope you didn't get in trouble for this. "

"Don't worry Dr. Collins, I didn't do anything crazy."
I just married an aggressive stranger, who hates me for no reason. I thought to my self.
"I took a loan, and I'm currently paying every single penny back."
Like hell I am.

"Ok, then that's a relief, your dad will be very proud of you. Life is given you many adversities and every time to managed to overcome them. I hope you know how strong you are."

"Trust me, I'm not that strong, I just do what I have to do." I said thinking of last night's encounter with Adam.

"You have one thing less to worry about now, your dad's treatment is covered for a year, unless he decides to wake up sooner."