...then who?

A/N: Before the story begins I wanted to take some time to thank you all for reading, voting and leaving your sweet comments, the story already reached 10k reads and is raking in so many categories and in some of them pretty high, I just can't believe it. Thank you so much!!!! 

Unfortunately this story is coming to an end, we only have a few chapters left, I think I'm going to miss Adam and Emma so much. 😔

However I do have a new story on the works, is going to be similar to this one, but very different at the same time. I will announce as soon as I publish the fist chapter. I hope you guys give it the same support you have with The Revenge Wife.

-------------------------------------------------

ADAM'S POV

I was in my desk, my hands supported my head, I was tired, mentally tired. Emma was gone and I didn't know what to do, should I look for her? Even I decide to bring her back I don't know where to find her.

This morning I left to work very early , I was avoiding her sleep didn't get to me last night anyways. This afternoon when I came back Martha was anxious waiting and informed me that Emma decided to leave,  she was gone and did not tell anyone where she was going.

Now that she's not here I feel empty, and lost. Emma became a big part of my life and I feel like I'm not myself anymore. She even left behind everything a bought for her, even her ring, she doesn't want anything coming from me and I don't blame her I've been the worst husband. A part of me tells me we can not be together and the other wants her here now. I'm so confused.

A knock in the door took me out of the trance.

"Come in."

Martha walked in with something in her hands.

"Sir. are you alright? "

She probably noticed the bags under my eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine. What happened?"

"I don't know how to say this Sir."

"Just speak Martha, I don't have all day."

"I was cleaning your room now and..."

"What happened? Just say it."

"I.... I found this in the trash."

I frowned my eyebrows, what could be so important for her to pick it up from the trash? Martha placed a white plastic stick on my desk in front of me. I looked at her and back to the unfamiliar item.

"What is this."

She stud quiet, looking at the floor so I grabbed the mysterious object in my hands in order to bring it closer and inspect. My eyes widened when I read the word 'pregnant' in the small screen. I think in that moment my brain just shut down because I couldn't bring any coherent thoughts.

"What is this? Just tell me what this is?" I repeated.

"It is a pregnancy test Sir. a positive one actually, looks like Mrs. Emma is pregnant, you are going to be a dad again."

With that I got up from my desk and ran out the house leaving Martha in my office stunned and confused.

I got in my car and started driving. I need to find Emma even if that implies flipping this entire city over. I called every single Hospital in the city asking if Thomas Ross was a patient until one confirmed, I headed there chances are Emma will be visiting her dad.

I parked and walked in. The receptionist informed me where his room was and I went. As I approached the room a weird sensation begun to build up inside me, I was so close to see the man I hated the most, the man to took Amy's life. I reached room 412, like the receptionist suggested, it was so hard to walk inside that room, I could not bring myself to open up that door, so instead I just stared through the glass window.

Thomas was helpless in his bed, his eyes closed and all kind of monitors and cables around him. To my surprise the first thought that came to my mind was, Emma, how much could have she suffered seen her dad like this for two entire years, everyone telling her he would't make it. As hard as I tried I could't see the man I hated, I only saw the father of the woman I love, yes, because I love Emma, with all that's in me.

That very man who took away one love of my life, but brought to me the other big love of my life. The mix of emotions was unbearable, of all the women in the world I had to fall in love with his daughter, but how could I not, she was always kind, sweet and selfless.

Suddenly images of Emma popped up in my head, our fist kiss, her red hair sighing in the bright Brazilian sun, her soft ivory skin, her dancing in the street in Rio de Jaeniro staring right in my eyes, her smile, the fist time we made love and how I feel at heaven when she's kisses me.

'Where are you Emma? Come back home?' You can't leave, how come you didn't tell be you were pregnant? I whispered. She did say she had something to tell me, I'm sure it was that, she probably changed her mind after I told her that our relationship wouldn't work, I regret saying that so much, I wish I could go back in time and change, not only that but many things I said and did.

"Sir. are you lost?" A voice from behind made me startle and turn around. It was a nurse.

"No, he's my.... my wife's dad."

"Oh I didn't know Emma was married."

"We recently got married, that's probably why." I mean what else could I say?

"Congratulations then, you are one lucky man I must say, that girl is one of a kind. Did you know she slept here at the hospital for two months straight when he entered in the coma, two months sleeping on a hard hospital chair after being working all day as a waitress? We had a hard time convincing her that she should go home, there was nothing she could do staying here, we didn't want her to get sick too you know."

"Yep, that's my sweet Emma."

"Alright, my name is Mindy, I'm Mr. Ross' nurse, let me know if you need anything."

"Actually I do, can you tell me how's his condition right now?"

"Well Thomas is a very strong man, we are all surprised he survived and even more surprised now after all this time it looks like he's going to fully recover, is amazing."

"Yes, the car accident he was in was deadly." a knot in my throat formed only to mention that accident.

"Mmmm, I sorry but Mr. Ross was never in a car accident, he got in a coma after falling from the second floor balcony of his home. He received two gun shoots making him fall off the balcony."

"What?" who was driving that car then."

"I'm sorry Sir. I don't know what your'e talking about. I have to continue with my round but please let me know if you need anything OK?"

Mindy walked away leaving me more confused than ever before. How come? the police report was very clear and specified the plate number of the other car and it was under Thomas' Ross name. If he wasn't driving that car that night then who.

"Mindy?!" I called her again, she turned to took my way."

"Yes Sir."

"Can you tell me the date of Mr. Ross' accident please."

"Of course, I remember very well, he's been my longest patient. October 10, 2016. Anything else Sir."

"No, that's it, please continue with your day."

October 10, 2016 was the exact same day of Amy's accident, this is not making any scene, Thomas Ross couldn't possibly be driving that car,  and if he wasn't then who?

End of this chapter, I hope you liked it

Please VOTE and leave me your COMMENTS I enjoy so much talking to you guys.

What do you think id going to happen now?