"Then you can't leave me."

ADAM'S POV

"So what's up with you and Emma?" Tristan asked with a smirk on his face that annoyed me to death.

"I don't understand your stupid question?"

"Are your sure about that?" He said reclining in the seat across my office desk, in front of where I was seating.

"Tristan if you came to my office so early to talk about this you clearly have nothing else to do, unfortunately I do, so leave me alone I have to work." Tristan's laughter now filled the office.

"I've never seen you this defensive about any topic, I'm amazed."

"What do you want Tristan? I don't have all day"

"I want you to acknowledge that you have feelings for her and that your crazy plan to take revenge failed."

" Don't be stupid Tristan, just because I stopped some psycho from raping her doesn't mean that we are now the perfect couple, one thing is me wanting to make her life miserable and other is me letting her get raped before my eyes. What I did last night I'll do it for anyone, even a stranger, there's nothing romantic in it."

"No buddy, I know you very well, you can't foul me. The way you looked at her says everything, the way you attached that man says even more, I'm sorry to burst your bubble man but your revenge failed." He said getting up from his seat.

"Stay around and watch."

"Will see Adam, will see." He said before taking his leave and closing the door behind him.

He was right, I was getting softer, this can't happen, not now, I need to be stronger. I was developing a soft spot for Emma that will take me to place that I don't plan to be at. I hate that there's something special abut her, something like a magnet that pulls me to her.

EMMA'S POV

I can get over what happened this morning with Adam, he insults me and then he kisses me, I can't read him, this is driving me crazy. That was my fist kiss, and it was beyond what I've always imagined. His lips were soft and rich, I found myself missing his warm touch as soon as he stooped kissing me and stormed out without saying a word, leaving me stunned and nervous with heavy breathing.

How can this man be so cold and warm at the same time? how can I be this afraid of him and crave his kisses so much? this situation is very confusing and I just hope not to get hurt at the end of it.

I spent the day thinking abut Adam, the kiss and his constant mood swings. I need to get myself busy to stop these thoughts otherwise I'll go insane, so I decided to make dinner tonight, I've always enjoyed cooking, hopefully Martha will let me use her kitchen.

I walked in and asked her.

"Hi Martha, can I ask a favor from you?"

"Certainly milady, how can I help?"

"If is not too much to ask... Can I cook tonight's dinner?"

"You don't need to ask that Mrs. Emma, this is your home you can do as you please, I'm here to follow your orders. If you allow me I'll more than happy to help you, may I ask what are you planing to make?"

My face lit up with excitement, I was getting tired of doing nothing.

"How about a Beef Stew?"