The Mistery Room

EMMA'S POV

"Hi!! What's your name?"

"I'm Demi and I'm four." She said signaling with her tiny fingers. I bent down to be at the same level and make eye contact with her.

"Well, very nice meeting you Demi, my name is Emma."

"I'm happy that you're here Emma, come let me show you my room." And grabbed my hand running upstairs making me follow her, me tripping here and there in my way up the long staircase. 

She opened the door to her room, it was any girl's dream room, walls and bedding were light shade of light pink and the furniture was white as well the the curtains, images of ballerinas where hanged in the walls, it felt so peaceful in this room.

ADAM'S POV

I walked into the house and noticed absolute silence, called Martha, nothing, called Demi, nothing, I knew by this time she should've been home from school, went to the kitchen still nobody. Went outside to ask the driver, he informed me that he brought Demi from school about one hour ago.

I decided to go upstairs calling Demi's name, no reply from her, I heard some voices coming from her room and decided to go in. What I saw left me speechless, a wave of warmness touched my heart, I couldn't explain this feeling, a part of me liked it and another part of me didn't.

Demi was laying on the floor with Emma they where both coloring some princess coloring books, laughing and having fun, they looked so natural with each other. I didn't know what to say, Emma's smile faded when she saw me standing by the door.

"Daddy, you came early today!!!" I heard Demi say, my eyes incapable of leaving Emma, I had to break the gaze at the feeling of Demi's tiny arms around my legs. I bent down and hugged her, and somehow my eyes found Emma for the second time.

"How are you my princess?" I said breaking the hug and looking for Demi's eyes.

"Im happy daddy, thank you so much for bringing a new mommy for me, I'm having so much fun with her!"

Once again I was speechless.

"Daddy, don't stay there, give a kiss to Emma too."

Oh god please no. I'm not touching that woman.

"Daddyyyyy!!!!"

"Ohh .....yes, of course."

I walked over to Emma, and noticed how nervous she was, to my surprise I was feeling the same, the closer the distance between us became the more anxious we felt. For a few seconds I stood inches apart from her face, just appreciating the intense emerald green in her eyes, intensity that for some reason I haven't noticed before. I landed a fast and small kiss on her cheek and felt a shoot of electricity running all over my body. Have to admit, her skin was soft like silk and I liked it.

We both took a step backwards trying to grow the distance between us, her eyes on the floor and mine still on her. I broke my gaze as a result of hearing Demi's clapping her hands, giving me one of the happiest faces I have seen in her in years. I didn't know what to do or say, I never expected this to happen so just stormed out of the room to clear my thoughts.

EMMA'S POV

During dinner, was hard not to notice the tension between Adam and I, neither one of us spoke a word other than awkwardly smiling to Demi's non stop conversation. When diner was over Adam finally spoke.

"Ok, is time to read a book and go to sleep little Ms. Perfect."

"No, I don't want to." Demy replied making a fake mad expression with her face while crossing her arms in her chest.

"Demi you know that there's no way around bed time." I loved how Adam's tone became serious and loving at the same time, no doubts he's a wonderful dad, something touched my heart just at the realization of this.

"But daddy .... I want Emma to read to me tonight."

"Me!" I shouted in surprise. Adam's face looked as shocked as mine.

"No Demi, Emma is tired, we need to let her rest."

"No, she's not, right Emma? Right? Tell daddy you don't mind reading to me tonight."

I didn't know what to say, going against Adam's wishes was something I was definitely not looking forward to do, but Demi melted my heart, she showed me so much affection since the minute we meet and I could tell she missed her mom. I don't know what happened with her mom, nobody has mentioned her, all I know is how much a mother is needed, me more than anyone was aware of that. My mother left me and Jason when I was five and Jason two. I know how empty you grow up when mom is not around, maybe that emptiness made Jason the monster he is today.

"It's Ok I'm not that tired, I can read a few stories with you." I said looking at Demi with a soft smile, she grabbed my hand and took me to her room.

After reading a few stories Demi finally fell asleep. I looked at her, and couldn't stop the smile forming in my lips, I kissed her forehead, and covered her with a blanket.

I closed the door of Demi's room softly avoiding to make any noise.

Looked around the quiet long hallway and decided to explore this beautiful house, I opened a few doors, just to find bedroom after bedroom, all of them with different decoration within the same classic style. Maybe I should go to bed now I'm tired and there's nothing exciting to see, I decided to open one last door before heading to my room.

To my surprise this last room wasn't like the others, I walked inside, my eyes exploring. The walls held pictures of all sizes, got closer to them to see the faces reflected, I saw Adam with a new born baby in his arms next to a beautiful woman in a hospital bed, both with wide smiles, then the same woman with a baby probably one year old, in her lap, siting behind a Christmas tree opening a present.

To the other side I spotted some manikins, probably about ten, all wearing different gorgeous gowns, some had rhinestones all over, some didn't but I could tell they were all very expensive.

On the bed I saw a huge display of jewelry, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, I had no doubt that those were all precious gems and diamonds. Then at the end of the room something called my attention like anything else, a huge painting of a gorgeous woman, looking regal, like a queen. Golden hair fell into waves parted all to the right side covering her shoulder. She wore the most elegant and beautiful red dress, mermaid cut accentuating her curves.

My hand went on its own slowly to make contact with the beautiful painting, but I never reached, a strong hand grabbed mine making me stop.