....as long as get to see you every day

EMMA'S POV

I barely closed my eyes last night after what happened with Adam, his drunk state made him a completely different person. I don't know what made him stop and I was so glad I could run away.

This warm shower is doing wonders to my tensed body, I let the water run through me and little by little relaxation comes. I step out of my shower, wrapped myself in a towel, my hair is wet, dripping water but I will just run to my closet, get dressed and use the same towel to dry my hair.

I open the door of the bathroom and almost got a heart attack, Adam is inside my room looking sharp with his suit perfectly ironed and his hair brushed all the way to the back, not a single hair out of its place, both hands inside his pockets. No sign of last night's drinks reflected in him, even for that he had to be perfect. His jaw clenched as his gaze reached me.

"What are you doing here? do you know how to knock on doors?"

"Good morning.......Do you know how to greet people?" He
replied making me roll my eyes.

"How ironic, you teaching me manners."

"I did knock on your door but no reply came so I walked inside to check if you where already gone for breakfast."

"What do you want Adam?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Well as you can see this is not a good time to do so." I said indicating the towel wrapped around my body.

"Indeed, I can't concentrate when you are in front of me wearing only a towel." His husky tone brought me memories from last night.

"You are a barbarian Adam, leave my room now."

I should've known better, he will never obligate to what I say, instead he walked closer to me. Every step he took I took another one backward until the glass door of the shower stopped me. Thankfully he kept his hands inside his pockets.

"I will never do anything to you that you don't want me to do, never forget that."

I had to support myself against the shower door because my knees got weak, I feared they will give up.

A big weight was lifted off my shoulders as Adam stormed out of the bathroom and then from my room. My right hand touched my agitated chest trying to calm down my breathing. 'That was close' a voice inside me said.

I have no idea how I will survive the trip to Brazil, this marriage turned harder than I thought, Adam had a way of melting every part of me and I was terrified. I packed my clothes for the trip, we leave tomorrow. Deep down I wished I could take other clothes to Brazil because what I have is already old and in pretty bad condition but I would't swallow my pride for the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Adam and I said our goodbyes to Demi and left to the airport. The driver placed our luggage in the trunk of the car while Adam opened the door for me, I sat and so did Adam right after me.

I noticed he would look at me from time to time in our way to the airport and I pretended I didn't noticed by looking at the window the entire time.The car stopped right in front of a big yet, the driver opened the door of the car for us to get out.

"We are going in this?" I asked Adam in a surprised tone.

"We are, why?"

"I thought we will just take a regular flight."

"Why would I take a regular flight when I have my own plane?"

"You own this plane?"

"I do."