The Gala

That afternoon we headed to the gala Gabriella had invited us to, I wore the only formal dress in my suitcase. It was breathtaking to say the least, it hugged my figure flawlessly, silver and white sequins gemstones and small pearls everywhere making it a little heavy but still bearable to wear, the cut in the back showed my legs in and elegant way. I let my hair loose but this time straightened it, and as of for my makeup I tried a smokey aye that didn't look so bad considering I wasn't very good at it.

"You look stunning."

Was Adam reaction as I opened my door. He looked like a model out of a magazine with his three piece suit and his signature sleek brushed hair.

"You don't look to bad yourself."

I wanted to abase his arrogance despite I was dumfounded by how handsome he can be, however my attempt failed, he lounged out loud fully aware of my real intentions.

"Perhaps you want me undressed, that's why you're not too content with how I look right now."

My cheeks blushed at the thought of this handsome man undressed, immediately I wiped off the thought.

"You're de full of yourself." I gave him an eye roll trying to hide my excessively pink face. "We better get going." I said closing the door to my room.

A limo and its driver waited for us at the door of the hotel, we hopped in and headed to the gala. We greeted so many people upon arrival that I was already tired, everyone seems to know Adam here, even in a foreign country this man is powerful and respected.

Finally at our table my feet were able to rest, I was very relieved after reaching my chair. The table was a big round one, with a huge floral center piece in the middle, it was elegance at its purest. Adan leant to me and spoke in my ear for anyone to hear.

"Did I tell you already you look stunning tonight? I'm lucky you're mine."

A small smile formed in my lips as my cheeks became an evident shade of red.

"Adam is that you?!!!" A feminine voice made me look to my right side, where a beautiful woman walked towards Adam with arms wide open. She could easily pass as a model, her hair was the darkest shade of black I've seen, long and straight, almost reaching her waist. Her body was nothing but perfection, very voluptuous and it was obvious her dress' job was to show just that. It showed her back as only rhinestones crossed her back, the silk fabric looked expensive with light blue and white abstract flowers pattern.

Adam stood up form his chair and they embraced in a tight hug. I felt a small tickling sensation in my gut, Adam broke the unnecessary tight hug looked my way and said grabbing my hand making me stand up to them.

"Vivienne, meet my wife Emma. Emma this is Vivienne, a long time friend of mine."

I extended to offer a polite hand shake while saying.

"Nice meeting you, I'm Emma McRoberts." Adam's eyebrows frowned, no doubt because I used his last name, ever since we got married I tried my best to not be called by it.

Vivienne's rolled her eyes.

"I didn't think you'll bring her here."

Adam opened his mouth to say something but a voice coming from the stage interrupted him before he could say a word.

The host explained that an auction will be taking place, fine art and jewelry will be auctioned in order to collect founds. After said items were exposed for the audience to see the host started explaining where this money will be going.