Part 13 - Rose

Written by: Ilyluna13

Tristan was so sneaky about today. He approached me under the guise of spending the day together. Things have been a little tense between the two of us. He won’t speak his mind to me and that scares me.

I’m very surprised Tristan would help Marshall with something like this. I didn’t have a clue that Marshall was coming to see me. I talked to him last night and Marshall told me he would be busy today, but would call when he could.

They completely fooled me.

Although, Marshall is still a touchy subject with him, Tristan was acting like his normal self right now, which put me at ease. We ate and talked, mostly laughed. We all enjoyed each other’s company. It's so easy for me to be around Marshall and I really hope that Tristan sees that.

Tristan excused himself to go to the restroom. It was quiet and Marshall was just staring at me... his eyes were intense. "What?" The word came out of my mouth more as a weak whisper when I meant for it be menacing. "I missed you." His words sounded more like a plea than a sentiment and he never dropped his gaze. I laid my hand across the table for him and he responded by putting his hand in mine. "Marshall, I missed you too. Thank you for surprising me.... Again.." we both laughed briefly before I was lost in his eyes. We just sat there hands joined and it was as if he was looking into my soul.

Tristan came back to the table and snapped Marshall from his gaze. Marshall jerked his hand away from mine like it was on fire.

Tristan looked at me and tried to hide his smirk. I think he’s trying to deal with Marshall and the feelings that are developing.  

I briefly think about how Tristan has been quiet the last few days only saying that he trusted my judgement with Marshall.

Before long, we were getting up to leave. I excused myself to the restroom while the pair of them waited in the lobby area. My thoughts are a mess. I'm so nervous.

No doubt in my head I have feelings for Marshall and I know he feels the same, I'm just not quite sure where we are yet.  I definitely want to agree to the date, but my head is a mess. I constantly find myself wishing someone would just tell me what to do. I want to know more about what Marshall is thinking.  Mostly, I find myself wondering why he wants to date me and then I battle the guilt of moving on. 

I straighten myself up in the mirror and push the thoughts aside. I’m determined to enjoy this day. I return to the guys so that we can leave the restaurant.  I see Tristan and Marshall talking, but as I walk up they immediately get quiet. I start to ask, Tristan notices and interrupts, "Let's go play some Hillbilly Golf." He grabs my arm and drags me toward the door.  I can't help but laugh.

I'm not exactly sure where we are going.. Leave it up to my goofball brother to find something like this.  When we get to the place, it is literally called Hillbilly Golf.  All around are decorations that are supposed to represent life in Southern Appalachia.  Outhouses and moonshine stills. I love it. This place looks fun!

The lady at the counter was very sweet, but a little chatty. Her costume, at least I think it’s a costume, is a straw hat and overalls. Her hair is messy and she speaks in the most exaggerated southern drawl I’ve ever heard. 

She is definitely eyeing up Marshall and I can’t tell if she recognizes him or if she's attracted to him. Although, I’m certain it’s more toward the latter. Either way I catch myself glaring at her and Tristan nudges me noticing it too. Marshall has to take a phone call and steps outside while Tristan pays for our round of mini-golf and grabs my arm pulling me away from the counter.  "Are you jealous?" Tristan teases. "Of what?" I try to play it cool but Tristan just give me a look that tells me he doesn’t believe me. "Come on sis." I roll my eyes and walk away.