Part 19 - Rose

Ehux02 and I have fallen in love with Rose and Marshall and we can't stop writing for them.

Written by Ehux02

Marshall rested his head on my shoulder, his arms firmly around my waist, leaving the occasional kiss on my cheek or neck. I was trying my hardest to focus on chopping the veggies for the omelets I was making, but I can’t help thinking that I want every morning to start like this. “Need any help?”    “No, Marsh. I’m almost done.”

He placed a lingering kiss on my cheek, then he pulled away, sighed and said, “What time are you leaving today?” I faked a frown and said, “Already wanting me to leave?” I knew he didn’t want me to go, but I was trying to make light of the situation. “Yeah, it’s just that the next girl will be here around noon---“ I cut him off elbowing him in the ribs, “Damn, that hurt!” I erupted into a fit of giggles and he tried to look offended, but broke out into a small smile. “Of course, I don’t want you to go, but I needa tell Paul when to have the jet ready to take you home.”

“Oh, well I can stay as late tonight as you want.  I don’t work tomorrow.”   His grip on my waist returned and he kissed into my hair, “Stay the night again baby. You can go home tomorrow.”
I smiled, nodded, and said, “I’ll leave whenever you want tomorrow. Wait, don’t you have work?”
“Rose, if you tell me that, I’ll never let you go and I’m Eminem baby, if I want to take a day off, I do.” We both lightly laughed.
“How about you leave tomorrow afternoon? We can sleep in and I’ll take you for lunch and to the airport?”
“That sounds amazing” He had his cheek against mine and I felt him smile.

After breakfast, Marshall went to shower and had a phone call to take so he was in his office.  I was in the guest room, fresh out of the shower, when I heard my own phone ringing. I went over and seen my mom calling and had a quick internal debate before I answered. “Hi, mom.”
“Rose, are you okay?”
“Yeah. I’m wonderful.” I said with the biggest grin I could. Yes, I was being spiteful, but I really do feel wonderful!
Silence.
“Mom?”
“I’m glad you are okay. We love you. See you tonight?”
“No, I’ll be home tomorrow. If it isn’t too late, I’ll come by then.”
“Oh. Okay.”
“I love you and dad. I gotta go.”
“Bye sweetie.”

After the call, I just sat on the bed feeling somewhat bad for the way things are happening and the cold conversation I just had with my mom made me feel nauseous.  I am so happy with Marshall, but I cant truly be happy with my decisions until the issues are fixed with my mom.
I don’t give a fuck about Olivia or her opinions, but I need my mom on my side. She and dad would love Marshall if they could see the way he treats me. 

I heard a soft knock on the door and then Marshall stuck his head in. “Hey, I’m done with work for the day. Wanna watch some movies?”    “Sure, Marsh. Sounds great.” 

As we walked down stairs, Marshall asked if I was okay and I gave my best reassuring smile and told him I was fine.  He didn’t say anything else.
We laid on the couch watching movie after movie and Marshall gave me the occasional kiss with a couple of them escalating.
He was so sexy, but it was more than that. I am falling for him. Before I can completely let me guard down and sleep with him, I need to be sure he is going to catch me.
Don’t get me wrong I definitely want him, but I guess I just need to know that I’m going to be alright with it.  The last thing I want to do is move to fast and end up breaking my own heart. The guilt I still feel from time to time can be crushing. It’s a subtle reminder that I’m still hurting.

Marshall interrupted my thoughts, “Pizza for dinner?”  “Sounds good, Marsh.”  He smiled the brightest smile and I giggled, “What?”  He didn’t answer at first, he pulled my face to his and placed yet another mind blowing passionate kiss on my lips. When he pulled back, he said, “I love it when you call me, ‘Marsh’.”

He got up from the couch and went to order the pizza.  When he came back, he laid his head in my lap, and just looked up at me. The way he was looking at me made me nervously giggle and he just smiled turning his attention back to the TV. I started scratching his head and before I knew it, I heard a soft snore coming from him. He was so peaceful, that is, until the doorbell sounded and he nearly jumped out of his skin. “Fuck!” He shouted and I couldn’t help but laugh. He mumbled something under his breath as he walked to the door.

After we ate, we continued sitting at the table just talking and laughing and talking some more. Hours passed and it was getting late. I yawned and he smirked at me, “Tired baby?” I nodded and sighed. IT was my last night here “Please sleep in my room, Rose.” His eyes were pleading with me.  I smiled like a fool at him and said, “Of course.” He grabbed my hand and led me to his room. We climbed in the bed and he quickly pulled me to him, turned my head and planted a kiss on my lips.  I feel so at peace in his arms and I could lay in them forever. I fell asleep moments after we laid down.

I woke up to light kisses on my arm, my back to Marshall and his arm still wrapped around my waist.
“Wake up baby girl. It’s 11. We gotta get up and get ready for lunch-“ I interrupted him with a sigh and said, “I don’t want to leave.”  
He sighed too and a few moments passed before he said, “I’ll be busy until Christmas. Come for Christmas with me and my family, please?”  I paused and thought for a moment, “I can come for Christmas, but I can’t come until Christmas Eve night. I’ll be with my family for the holiday until then.”  He smiled his ridiculously beautiful smile, “How long can you stay?”  I thought trying to recall if I had anything planned, but gave up when I knew whatever plans I had, if any, I would cancel to be here with Marshall. “I’m off from December 23rd until the New Year so as long as you want me here.”  He pulled me in for a kiss after mumbling what I think was the word perfect.

I was just finishing packing my things when Marshall came in. He helped me grab my bags and silently led me to his car. He didn’t speak the entire car ride. His face just held a somber expression. We talked a little through lunch, but the high from our weekend together was crashing. I missed him so much already and I think he was feeling the same.

Following lunch, he drove me to the airport and walked me onto the plane. As I sat down he said, “I’m finding it so hard to let you leave.” “And, I’m finding so hard to leave you, Marsh.” The pilot walked out and announced some bad weather moving in so he wanted to take off now. Marshall pulled me up out of the seat, wrapped his arms around me, and gave me a heated, passion filled goodbye kiss. “Something to hold you until Christmas. Call me when you get home.”  I smiled and told him bye and followed it with, “I’ll miss you Marsh.”  He smiled with a sad expression on his face, “I already miss you, Rose.”
He turned and rushed off the plane. I watched him get into his car and speed away.
Tears were threatening to spill from eyes.

The entire flight home my mind was racing.
The thought of actually being in another relationship was amazing and terrifying. How would a relationship between the two of us work? We are states away from each other. How can a relationship function with weeks in between actually seeing each other?  I don’t know the answers to any of the questions, but I want to pursue this more than anything. I never thought I could feel happy again, let alone feel happiness because I was falling in love with an amazing man. I can’t believe Marshall ever gave me the time of day and I can’t believe I actually let him in.

When I arrived home after the flight and drive to my house, I went straight to my room and started unpacking. I showered and got my things ready for work the next day.
I sent a quick text to my mom and Tristan letting them know I was home and going to bed.

I walked past the mirror attached to my dresser and caught a glimpse of my wedding band on my finger.

I looked at it for a moment remembering the day it was placed on my hand. I smiled at all the memories and then slipped it off and placed it in my jewelry box.