Part 15 - Marshall

Written by Lolalittlelegs

On the flight back to Detroit I wrack my brains about when the last time I actually went on a date was, I mean it had to be at least twenty years ago maybe more.
I don't even recall taking Kim on any dates as such, maybe that's why our relationship failed so spectacularly.

I don't even know where to begin and I just know if I ask the advice of my so called friends I would never hear the fucking end of it.

Nate might help me I suppose, he was pretty good at the romance and dating stuff. I'm not even sure what Rose likes, I know the woman likes to eat but above and beyond that I'm not so sure but I want her to remember it and enjoy herself.

I wanted to spoil her and give her the world. That thought frustrated me the most because I felt like running with her before I've even walked with her. I could end up coming on a bit strong with her and totally freaking her out.

My head was a mess.

Waking up with her lying next to me was something I wanted to repeat fairly urgently, she'd looked so cute, crumpled up into a ball at my side that it was hard not to reach out and touch her.

Intimacy might be a step too far right now, certainly for me I wouldn't be able to control myself, I barely had a grip on the things I felt at the moment let alone adding another layer to those feelings and urges.

So after a hour or so of procrastinating at the studio and trying to ask without actually asking either Denaun or Royce about dating I gave up and headed out to my little brothers house
“Hey big bro!” he greeted me as I used my own key and walked in through his home without alerting anyone I was there, last time I'd done that I'd walked into a situation no one wanted to see going on between their younger brother and his wife, my eyes were forever tainted.

Flopping down on his couch and picking up his tv remote I switch channels ignoring the fact he may have been watching something and fired off a quick text to Rose to let her know I’d been home a good couple of hours now.

Looking up I notice Nate staring at me with his eyebrows raised “Make yourself at home Marshall!”  I laugh as I put my feet up on his table and really get to relaxing “Yo, where is everyone?”
The house is too quiet usually his wife is yelling at the kids as they cause mayhem. “Out at the zoo, what's up man?” It's then I realise just how unusual this must look like, I don't just usually show up so of course he's quick with the questions, I just can't do subtle.

“I met this chick and I wanna take her on a date here in Detroit but I really don't know where to start, any advice for your better looking brother!” I switch my attention back to the television trying to make it look like I'm not really fussed as I wait for his answer.

“You met a 'chick' you wanna take on a date? She's just a chick to you? What's up with your normal routine take her to a hotel, fuck her and dump her" what's with the questions today!

For fucks sake I'm going to have to tell him just how much I really like her “Her name is Rose and I kinda like her....... a lot.....maybe.” shrugging my shoulders as I admit I like her to my brother, like it's no big deal. But secretly it is.

Glancing sideways at him to make sure he's not laughing at me, I'm surprised to see him just watching my face “I'm sorry, I just don't ever remember you wanting to date anyone before"

“Yeah well, she's surprised me too, kinda snuck up on me. She's had a tough time of it and I want to spoil her!”

“Do we get to meet her Marshall?”

I look at him like he's grown two heads “Fuck No, I want her to not be able to live without me before she meets your rowdy clan”

He laughs at me, reaching over to the table where my feet are knocking them to the floor as he grabs a pen and paper, he writes for what seems like hours before ripping a piece of paper out and handing it to me

“Here any of these places for a meal and any of these places for after, don't wear sweat pants because she's going to make an effort for this and she won't appreciate being out with someone who resembles a homeless bum, leave the cap at home, don't buy her a thousand dollars worth of flowers just a simple bunch of flowers would be better. Sometimes less is more bro" he stops and is silent thinking if he needs to tell me anything else.

I'm silently fuming over him calling me a homeless bum the little fucker!

“If she's had a really tough time of it, don't go in like a bull in a China shop, be gentle, listen to her the chicks dig that shit”

Folding up my piece of paper and carefully putting it away in my pocket, I stand up getting ready to leave and checking my phone to see Rose still hadn't replied to any of my messages yet. I hoped she was alright.

“Nate do you think it's a problem that she's younger than me?” her age truly means nothing to me, she's a grown ass woman, capable of making her own decisions but I worried that people around her might not approve and that her opinion of dating me could be changed because of other peoples objections.

“How old man?” He asks quietly “Umm she's like 29, but she's not a young 29 if you know what I mean"
Nate smiles at me “I don't think so if you both like each other then there's no problem is there, at least she's not 18 you old pervert.”

I slap his shoulder “Fuck you, less of the old, dickhead!”
I'm not entirely convinced by him but I put it to the back of my mind and head back to the studio.

“Hey Paul, I wish you'd answer your fucking phone, call me back it’s urgent” I hang up and throw my phone up on my desk looking up on the internet the places Nate gave me until I pick the ones I like the best and wait for Paul to call me back.

My phone rings an hour later and I'm disappointed to see it's Paul and not Rose, I'm still waiting for her to answer my messages, I'm starting to get a little worried now and briefly consider calling Tristan to see if she's alright but instead I answer my phone

“What's up butthead?” Paul makes me chuckle
“I need you to do me a favour!”
“I assumed as much Marshall" he sighs “Come on, what is it?”

“So can you hire out these two places for me for two weeks Saturday night?” I give him the names of the places I've chosen “Can you do that please?”

He's silent, I hear a pen scratching on a piece of paper as he writes things down “They're gonna charge you for closing these places Marshall”

I groan at him “Yes I know, make the restaurant earlier and they can open after we leave, the other place will probably be ok"

“you'll need security if you don't get it closed" I agree to the security just to get Paul off my back
“I take it little Miss Tennessee is coming to town that weekend, she must mean something to you Marshall, never arranged a date for you before"

I feel my cheeks burning in response to his question and I'm not sure how to answer him, I've let enough people know today that my interest in Rose is so much more than my usual interest in women.
I guess one more person won't hurt and it’s Paul if I can't tell him than who can I tell “Yes Paul she already means a great deal to me"

“Don't fucking scare her off Marshall"

He hangs up, his laughter ringing in my ears, I get a message telling me he's arranged everything later and what time our meal is booked for.

I can't help but feel excited, I'm excited that she'll be here longer this time, that I get to take her out, my stomach flutters with nervous butterflies and I think to myself when did I turn into such a woman thinking about fluttering butterflies for fuck sake.

I'm literally going to drive everybody in my life mad for the next two weeks straight, they are all going to hate me. I laugh at that thought I've not totally lost it.

My phone rings in my pocket and I drag it out noticing its finally Rose I answer quickly

“Yo, where you been girl? I texted you a couple times..”