Part 42 - Marshall

Written by Lolalittlelegs

“You’re kidding me Tris, You want me to wear this?” I look at the outfit the kid dumped on my hotel room bed, he's standing and smirking at my discomfort “Well if you want her back Marshall, you gotta play the game" he sounds patronising and I'd like to slap him but I restrain myself as I look at it in disgust.  Guess I'm wearing it!

I was already in Tennessee when Rose text me that she loves me last night, that coupled with the fact that I was so near to her finally meant I had a great nights sleep.

Although I was nervous now,  I would be seeing her in a couple of hours and in front of her whole family minus slippery Liv, she could potentially knock me right back but I had a good feeling about this.
“Marshall come in at 2pm, don’t be late “ I agree to be there and show him out of the room listening to him laugh all the way to the elevator.

I put the stupid outfit on and look at myself in the mirror, nerves building as the time to leave approached, patting my Jean pocket I feel Rose’s birthday present. It rattles reassuringly and I hope I have the chance to give it to her.

My cab arrives and I put the head of the outfit on and nobody knows who’s underneath the large doggy suit. The feet are fucking awkward as hell to walk in and the cab driver has to help me in and out of the cab.
I stand outside the restaurant waiting for my cue from Tristan, when he finally opens the door he bursts out laughing and takes a photo of me standing with my dog paws on my dog hips “Fuck off Tris” I stalk towards him and he holds the door open waiting for me to pass and he follows me down the back of the restaurant where Rose and the rest of her family are.
My palms are sweaty, it’s almost been two months since I last saw her and I’m nervously excited. The moment I spot her I want to leap on her and kiss her, she’s so beautiful, how could I be such a fucking idiot.

“Hey Rose, look who’s bought my present for you?” Tristan tells at her, her whole family looks at me “Smokey” she shouts out as I walk haphazardly towards her, fluffing her mom’s hair on the way, I hold open my arms and Rose steps into them hugging Smokey tightly.

Tristan films her while she messes about with me and I hold on tightly to her hand. “Hey Rose take his head off let’s see who’s behind the mask” this is it the moment of truth, I get down on one knee so she can reach the dogs head and she pulls it up and off slowly. Everything gets lighter as the head finally comes off and I can stand again, Tristan whispers “Happy birthday Sis” as she stands staring at me in disbelief, reaching inside the dog body and my Jean pocket, I grab her gift and hand it to her “Happy birthday Baby!” I lean over and kiss her gently on the lips.

Standing back and waiting for whatever she finally decides to do. She turns the little jewellery box over in her hand before launching her body at me and throwing her arms around my neck “I missed you so much “ I smile in relief “I missed you too” Rose pulls her face away from mine and she laughs loudly “the sight of you in that suit is too much” she let’s go of me bending over, clutching her sides.
I shake hands with the rest of her family, keeping her hand firmly in my own and making sure to speak to Dave “man you look a million times better than when I last saw you” before Rose drags me out to the hallway “I’m so pleased to see you” and I’m happy that she’s so happy