The harsh truth

My name is jaeun.

my mother passed away from a car accident. I am here preparing for the bury ceremonial. The bastard left me when I needed care and love the most, he is Mark. My father went to heaven 3 years ago. My mother last wish is for me to look for Auntie Sarah in Korea. She gave me her address but not her phone number.

"Girl!!" the uncle called me.

"Yes uncle?"

"Are you ready? Your mum is going to heaven soon. Any last words?"

"Mum, I know you are going to a better place soon. I promise to be down to earth and don't worry about me. There is still Auntie Sarah. I will be going to Korea the day after, look over me. Thank you for all the care and love you gave me. Hope you can reunite with daddy in heaven."

When I said all these words, I didn't cry. I only cried when I heard my mother had a car accident. I can say I'm a really tough person. After the ceremonial, I go to my school and complete the procedure for quitting school.

"Jaeun, my condolences. Take care of yourself in Korea."

"Thank you, mdm Tan." and I bow to her.

I went back to my class the last time to pack all my belongings. Since it is a school holiday, nobody is in the class. I felt relieve because I do not want people to pity me for being an orphan now. I just have the thought of leaving this place and move on with my new life.

After packing, I went home. I reminisce the happy times I had with my mother. I remembered how she always cook delicious meals for me, being patient with me when I'm angry. The thought of her leaving makes me drop a tear. "Jaeun you can do it. mum went to a better place and I should be happy about it." I told myself.

-Next day-

The alarm clock went off.

"Mum.....!" I shouted.

There is no reply and I immediately sat up.

Oh Ya, mum went to a better place.

It is 9am now and my flight to Korea is at 2pm.

I went to refresh myself and pack the remaining things into my back pack. I decided to leave early to the airport.

*Incheon airport*

Finally I reached Korea. I will move on with my new life from now on.

I was so concentrated on how beautiful Korea is and I didn't look to my front. Suddenly I fell.

'Thud'

I look up and saw another guy. He was really tall and had broad shoulders. He was on the floor too. He immediately got up and shouted at me.

"Yahhhh!!!!"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I bowed and bowed.

He spoke some Korean and I didn't understand what he is trying to say.

"Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying?"

"Oh my. Another foreigner. Didn't you look where you are walking?"

"I said I'm sorry already right. I didn't mean to bump into you."

He is getting on my nerves. He picked up his phone and walked away.

"Hey!!!! Excuse me?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs but he ignored me and continued walking.

I picked up my phone too and went to take a taxi. I showed the uncle the piece of paper that has Auntie Sarah's address. I wonder what kind of a person Auntie Sarah is. Since I was dead tired, I went to sleep.

I felt someone patting me. I opened my eyes and saw the driver looking at me. Oh we have reached. I paid the uncle and got out of the car. I was shocked. Auntie Sarah is living in a big house. I pressed the doorbell and a lady came walking out, with an elegant posture.

"Who are you looking for?" she asked

"Erm.. hello. Are you Auntie Sarah?" I asked.

"Yes, you are....?"

"I am Jaeun. The daughter of giselle. My mother said you are her friend. She passed away in a car accident and she told me to look for you."

"Ah, hello. I heard of the accident already." and Auntie started crying.

I comforted her and she invited me into the house.

"I don't have any children and I leave alone. With my maid actually." she said once she calmed down.

"Ah...."

"I will bring you to your room to rest first and we will settle others things later." I nod my head.

She escorts me to the second level and asks me to pick a room. I choose the simplest room but the room is quite big. There is even a personal toilet inside. I went inside the room and sat on the bed. I rest for a while and pack my things into the cupboard. After that, I picked an outfit and went to shower.

When jaeun is showering, her phone vibrates.