Glass Depth Mood

🌸FROM
https://archiveofourown.org/users/skeletonflowers/pseuds/worriedpeach

Dan and Phil are wearing matching costumes at a party

Warnings: one night stand(?)

Words:4813
---------------------------------------------------

Dan couldn't be less excited for the Halloween party coming up that night.

His best friend, Louise, had insisted on dragging him along despite his protests, claiming that he should get out and socialize more. But Dan wasn't really about that life. Watching other teenagers drink until they couldn't walk straight? The room smelling like marijuana and cheap beer? No, thank you. The entire idea was hideous.

Which is why he found himself glowering at his reflection in Louise's body length mirror that Friday night wearing a Captain America outfit, complete with trousers that were far too tight to be legal and a shirt that showed off his nonexistent abs. He was the wimpiest Captain America that he'd ever seen and he didn't believe Louise for a minute when she assured him that he was a sexy Steve Rogers.

"I literally look like a baby trying to play dress up," Dan said disapprovingly, glaring at Louise and her stupidly cute ballerina costume. Her blonde hair was put up in a perfect bun and she was wearing tights that showed off her legs, a leotard, and a pretty pink tutu. Dan wished that he could be as cute as she was in that moment.

Louise rolled her eyes and shoved him none-too-lightly. "You do not! Stop being so self depreciating!"

"I'll stop being depreciating when I sprout fantastic abs, thanks," Dan replied sarcastically. It earned him another shove and he couldn't help but to grin at that. Even though he was salty about having to go to this dumb Halloween party, he was glad to have her as a friend.

Not soon after, they were piling into Louise's car and heading off to the forsaken party. It was made slightly better when Louise was popping in her (very old) Three Days Grace album, turning it up so loudly that Dan could feel it in his bones and he was having terrible flashbacks from when he was in primary school. They sang at the top of their lungs, so loud that Dan's throat began to hurt and he briefly forgot where they were going.

Obviously that bliss didn't last for long, though. Sooner rather than later, they were pulling up to a house, and Dan knew there was a party going on in it from miles away. There were drunken teenagers in the yard, groups huddled together smoking cigarettes, and terrible pop music was shaking the entire Earth. Dan blanched and Louise hollered excitedly.

"Come on, Dan!" She exclaimed, shutting off the car and flinging open her door with vigor.

Dan followed, just with less pep in his step and feeling like an idiot in his dumb Captain America outfit. He hated everything about this party, from the way his trousers were so tight they were literally hurting his dick, to the stench of cigarettes and alcohol clouding the air.

He knew that he needed to loosen up - and fast.

So when Louise was shoving a red cup full off piss-warm beer, Dan was chugging it down as fast as he could, trying not to gag at the disgusting taste it left behind. To get through the night while keeping his sanity, Dan was going to need a lot of alcohol.

An hour later, the room was finally a little unsteady but he was sober enough that he could still hold a conversation with somebody. He couldn't say the same for Louise, who was practically flirting with every guy she came across.

She'd even flirted with Dan, which was beyond weird but also something he should be used to by now.

"Why can't you be straight?" Louise asked Dan while Dan just rolled his eyes at her.