Playing by Ear

🌻FROM
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7661692#main

Blindfolded  dirty talk  asmr  sex

Words:6964
--------------------------------

Phil had been gone a lot. And it wasn't sitting well with Dan.

He knew he was being a bit unreasonable. After all, he had always been the one who had insisted most vehemently that they should be their own separate people. They had agreed that they wouldn't, shouldn't become a double act, even if the world did seem to push them in that direction. They each had their own projects, their own videos and channels, even as they did more and more as a duo.

As a couple, they already did so much together. Sleeping together, living together, working together. It could easily become too much and that could put a strain on their relationship. So they actively sought to spend a certain amount of time on their own, with their own friends and family. Of course, this was mostly to signify to the outside world that they were just platonic friends and roommates. They were careful not to seem like they were joined at the hip.

But lately Dan could do with a little more hip-joining, if you know what I mean.

Until a few days ago, he had been busy with his own project. It had literally been a massive headache to put together. It was a long, documentary style video and he just couldn't get the flow right. He'd been working on it for weeks on end, until his eyes crossed from focusing on the glare of his computer screen. In the past few weeks, Phil must've told him a thousand times that he needed to give himself a break. But once Dan was on a project, he could get a little relentless.

He'd been so in the zone that he'd been a little distant, neglecting to be a good boyfriend. They'd had sex a few times, but not nearly as often as they normally would and definitely not as intimately. There were quick, messy handjobs in the shower or a hasty morning fucks in bed, just to scratch the itch. Dan had had so much on his mind that his relationship had taken a backseat for a few weeks. Phil hadn't complained - he never did - because he'd understood. But he hadn't liked it, warning Dan again and again that he shouldn't work himself into the ground.

And just as he was finishing up his own project, Phil had started on a new one of his own. That timing had been terrible. Dan was a dry sponge, in need of some serious and preferably very physical attention. And Phil wasn't there.

The worst was, Phil had been quite tight-lipped about this project. He hadn't said what it would entail, how long it would take... Dan only knew this project had something to do with Steve, the sexy sound tech they'd met when they were making their 3d audiobook. Phil hadn't disclosed much about that either - but Dan had seen the name flash across Phil's phone screen a couple of times. And Phil always went to his own room and closed the door when he called. And then he'd have this private, secret smile on his face when he returned. For the past three days, Phil had been gone for hours at a time, for 'project meetings'. Meaning: seeing Steve.

If it had been anyone other than Phil, Dan might think the worst. Because Steve the sound tech was indeed sexy. And upbeat and attentive and talkative. Not to mention a plant enthusiast to boot. Everything Dan was not (because, seriously, plants?).

It also didn't help that Steve was as gay as the 4th of July and as loud about it too. Dan could see why Phil liked Steve. And Steve liked Phil - who didn't? He might trust Phil, but he couldn't vouch for Steve.