The Warmth of Other Suns

🌷FROM
https://archiveofourown.org/users/timelordangel/pseuds/Emptylester

"It's pretty horrible to have hope that you'll get to have a biological kid with your significant other and then have it ripped away; this is more about the emotional journey. The baby might not make it, but Dan and Phil will."

Warnings: mpreg, angst, fwb
If u don't like mpreg don't read it

( its really emotional, but also "realistic" )
( It's set over the specific time period of the USA tour)

words:9007
---------------------------------------------------

Five in the morning, a time that often seems to linger between existing and not, is not actually a time- it is a place. Dan lives in this place most nights, including this one, and realization comes to him as he blinks in the light from his computer screen when birds chirp outside his bedroom window. He gets up somewhat reluctantly and checks the time on his phone, his mind spinning at the thought of his to-do list for the next day. He collapses in bed moments later.

Morning comes too soon.

"Dan?" Phil gives a sharp rap on Dan's door, his glasses perched on his nose. "Wake up, we've got to be at the BBC office at one."

Dan mumbles something unintelligible through the door.

"I heard you awake at five am again, you said you would work on that," Phil cracks open the door, "and you said you would work on waiting until the last minute to get ready as well."

"So I'm inadequate, what are you going to do about it?" Dan retorts, sitting up groggily.

"Come on, Dan. I'll make you cereal." Phil leaves Dan's door ajar as he heads for the kitchen.

Phil is moments away from dragging Dan out of bed when the brunet appears semi-asleep through the glass door and sits beside him. "Morning."

"That's the last of the Wheaties." Phil pushes a bowl towards Dan. "But Tesco should be delivering our groceries tomorrow."

"Great. I've been using your shampoo for a week." Dan grabs a spoon.

"Boo, mine is colour-safe, it's expensive." Phil says grumpily.

"Not my fault you're high maintenance."

"Your mum is high maintenance." Phil says under his breath.

Dan does not hear this reply as he takes only half a bite of cereal before violently standing up and bolting to the bathroom. All Phil hears after a moment is lurching coming from the toilet followed by bouts of silence.

"Dan?" Phil finds himself at the bathroom door after a few minutes, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Dan's voice is muffled through the door but Phil can hear how horse his voice sounds.

"You think you can still go to the BBC in about half an hour?" Phil asks.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be f-" Dan vomits again before he can finish the sentence.

-
They end up at the radio station only ten minutes late. Phil is twice as bubbly as normal to make up for the half-shelled Dan trailing him meekly. As they turn the corner into the office, Dan manages to put on his game face.

Four hours later, they are released from a string of meetings and conferences, mostly concerning the leave of absence they would be taking to tour the US.

"Do you feel okay?" Phil asks Dan as they wait for a taxi.

"Yeah! I feel completely fine again. Must have been some freak food poisoning." Dan laughs. He doesn't catch Phil's doubtful look.
_
The rest of the day is fairly uneventful, ending with the two boys on the couch eating leftover pizza and watching Game of Thrones.