CHAPTER 29

Sunaina opened Anika's room door. She saw Anika sleeping on the floor with dried tear marks on her face.

Sunaina sat near her and started caressing her hair. She also felt tears flowing from her eyes after looking at her daughter's condition.

On feeling someone near her, Anika opens her eyes and looks at her mother who was looking at her with tears.

Anika immediately sat up straight and wiped her mother's tears. She gets worried after looking at her mother.

A- Mumma, what happened? Why are you crying?

Su- Anika beta, why are you doing this?

Anika starts looking here and there, avoiding her mother's gaze.

A- What are you talking about, mumma?

Sunaina holds her chin and makes Anika look at her.

Su- You very well know that what I am talking about. I know that you are not happy with this wedding, then why are you sacrificing your life?

A- I am happy, mumma.

Anika says while looking down.

Su- Don't lie to me, Anika. I am your mother and I know you very well.

Anika looks at Sunaina with tears in her eyes.

A- I can't hurt papa anymore. I have already hurted him a lot. This is the first time that he has asked something from me. I want to fulfill his wish.

Su- What about your happiness?

A- I'll be happy if you all will be happy.

Anika smiles sadly. Sunaina hugs Anika and kissed her forehead.

Su- Mera baccha.

Suddenly Tia barges in the room with a clothes and jewellery.

Anika and Sunaina broke the hug and wipes their tears immediately. Tia looks at them and rolled her eyes.

T- If your mother-daughter melodrama is done, then make Anika ready for the engagement.

Tia kept the things on the bed and left from there.

Sunaina looks at Anika. Anika smiles sadly.

A- Mumma, you go downstairs till then I'll get ready.

Sunaina nods and left the room.

Anika closed her bedroom door. She keeps her suitcase on the bed and unzips it and takes out a photo frame from the suitcase. It was her and Shivaay's photo which was clicked by Rudra.

Anika moves her fingers on the photo

A- I miss you Shivaay.

A tear drop on Shivaay's pic.
_________________